- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This superb detached cottage is set in a rural position on the outskirts of Grange-over-Sands, boasting sweeping views towards Morecambe Bay. Comfortably appointed and offering spacious accommodation, this Grange-over-Sands cottage is ideal for families and friends looking for a base to explore the Lake District National Park and the Cumbrian coastline, both within easy reach. This Grange-over-Sands cottage has four bedrooms, with one benefiting from excellent en-suite facilities. The large kitchen offers a patio door that opens onto a sunny decked terrace with furniture, the perfect spot for an alfresco meal accompanied by breathtaking views towards the sea. This large cottage in Grange-over-Sands has a spacious dining room, ideal for everyone to gather together, and the sitting rooms are bright and airy with large windows where you can catch a glimpse of the surrounding wildlife. Outside this Grange-over-Sands cottage are delightful gardens with rockeries, borders and a second sitting area, plus a small paddock, a superb place for accompanied little ones to play hide-and-seek. The Edwardian resort of Grange-over-Sands is ideally placed for discovering the beautiful Lake District, with Lake Windermere just a short drive away. The Lakeside and Haverthwaite Steam Railway is close by, meaning you can board the Windermere Steamer to cruise to Ambleside or Bowness, or enjoy the Aquarium of the Lakes for a fascinating insight to the world under the water. With ample mountain biking and walking opportunities widely available both from the doorstep, and in nearby Grizedale Forest, this spacious Grange-over-Sands cottage provides a perfect base at any time of the year.
Four bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 2 x twin (zip/link, can be king-size double on request). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Dining room. Two sitting rooms, one with gas fire.
- Gas central heating with gas fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, phone (incoming calls only)
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Lawned garden with decking and furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 5 mins walk, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: There are steps leading down from the decking to the garden
- Note: The gardens are not enclosed, children and pets must be supervised
- Note: This property is not suitable for children under the age of 3.
- Last minute
- “Everything was so perfect, house, surroundings, landscape, weather, and people around.”
- “This was a fabulous property situated in an ideal location. The facilities in the house were very good. Fabulous views and all necessary facilities within walking distance.”
- “Langwell is beautifully appointed and spacious. I don't think I've ever stayed in a place with better quality furnishings - very luxurious.”
- “The views from the house were outstanding. The quality of fixtures and fittings were also very impressive. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend Langwell to our friends.”
- “Such a great cottage. We went to Cartmel for a wedding and it was only a couple of miles away. Great place for couples and families. Beautiful view of the bay. Will definitely book again.”
- “We enjoyed the comfort and warmth of the house also the views from the back of the house. Getting all the family together was wonderful.”
- “Very warm house. Ideally situated for the lakes. Scenic views from the house were magnificent.”
- “The house had excellent furniture, in fact it's the best rental place I've been in for quality seating. The view across the bay was beautiful”
- “The house was lovely and we had a great time. It was very well equipped even for the demands of Christmas. Overall fabulous, and we would love to come back.”
- “Overall an excellent property and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Langwell is lovely with large comfortable rooms. There are gardens with patios, a balcony and there is ample parking space. The views from the rear of the property across Morecambe Bay are stunning. Location is close to Grange and the walk along the promenade is very enjoyable.”
About the location
Cartmel 2 miles; Lake Windermere 8 miles; Kendal 10 miles.
The charming Edwardian resort of Grange-over-Sands is set between the Lake District fells and Morecambe Bay and offers one of the mildest climates in the north of England. Formerly a small fishing village, the introduction of the Furness Railway transformed Grange-over-Sands into a fashionable Edwardian resort. Today, the town has much to offer the visitor including a traffic-free promenade, delightful ornamental gardens, golf courses, brass band concerts and excellent bird watching. Just a short drive away are Lake Windermere (8 miles), the villages of Bowness-on-Windermere and Hawkshead, which still retain the charm and character that has endeared them to so many, and the home of sticky toffee pudding, Cartmel, with its famous racecourse and the L’Enclume restaurant, which has been voted the 4th best restaurant in the UK. Other attractions in the area include Levens Hall, with its Elizabethan Hall and world famous topiary gardens, Sizergh Castle, a National Trust medieval house and gardens, and Conishead Priory, a Gothic revival country house. Set amidst the southern lakes, the attractive town of Grange-over-Sands makes a superb base from which to enjoy the whole of this magical area.