- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A semi-detached, single-storey cottage in the centre of the delightful village of Kings Meaburn, situated seven miles from Appleby-in-Westmorland.
This restored Kings Meaburn cottage provides homely accommodation in the heart of the Lyvennet Valley.
This Appleby cottage offers open plan living set over one floor, ideal for couples visiting this lovely area of Westmorland to enjoy great walking and good touring opportunities.
The accommodation comprises an open plan living area with a spacious kitchen and sitting area, leading to two bedrooms and a bathroom.
Both bedrooms face out across the valley and enjoy lovely views whilst the single room enjoys French doors to the rear patio.
The area is excellent for horse riding with several bridleways and trails close by and stabling is available by prior arrangement.
Fly fishermen are also well catered for with one mile of private double bank fishing for brown trout on the River Lyvennet, and the river also provides a lovely evening walk.
The famous Settle-to-Carlisle Railway, the Eden Valley and the Three Peaks are close by, making this Appleby cottage ideal for exploring the beauty of the surrounding National Parks.
Note: This property is next to Ref. 26751, together they sleep 6.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with open fire and electric fire.
- Electric central heating with open fire (available 1st Oct to 1st Apr) and electric fire (available all year round)
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock/radio, WiFi, selection of books
- Fuel and power inc. in rent, starter pack for fire inc. in rent (1st Oct to 1st Apr)
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Enclosed patio with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 6 miles, pub 1 min walk
- River 5 mins walk
- Note: Guests are welcome to use the open fire in the spring/summer (please bring all fuel needed for duration of stay), by prior arrangement with owner
- Note: Horse stabling available at additional cost and by prior arrangement with owner.
About the location
Appleby-in-Westmorland 6 miles; Penrith 12 miles.
The attractive, unspoilt rural village of Kings Meaburn in the Lyvennet Valley is ideally placed for exploring the Lake District, Eden Valley and the Yorkshire Dales. This quiet, picturesque village is home to the White Horse Inn, a lovely pub and it stands adjacent to the River Lyvennet, which flows from the south through Crosby Ravensworth and finally enters the River Eden near Temple Sowerby. Nearby Appleby, originally the county town of Westmorland sits at the heart of the lush Eden Valley, and is one of the loveliest towns in the north of England. The town is a major stop on the Settle-Carlisle Railway, which is one of the most beautiful railway journeys in Britain and today many of the old stream trains wend their way along this line and over the awe-inspiring Ribblehead Viaduct. Visit Appleby in June and experience the famous Horse Fair, the largest Romany gathering in Europe, enjoy a walk on the Pennine Way at Dufton, or explore one of the local cycle trails. With the delightful Pooley Bridge, Penrith and the magnificent Lake District within easy reach, this is an ideal holiday location.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute