- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful single-storey, semi-detached cottage, situated in the centre of the small, picturesque village of Kings Meaburn, just seven miles from Appleby-in-Westmorland in Cumbria. Lovingly restored and individually styled, this Kings Meaburn cottage provides warm and cosy accommodation in the heart of the Lyvennet Valley. Ideal for a couple or small family who wish to enjoy this lovely area, this cottage near Appleby-in-Westmorland has a bright and airy open plan living area with a modern kitchen, dining area and a sitting area with pretty views across the valley to the Lake District hills, as well as two bedrooms and a bathroom. There is a patio area to take advantage of the views, and there are many walks from the doorstep, especially along the River Lyvennet, where fly fishing can be enjoyed, plus after a hard day on the nearby fells, relax in the local pub, which serves great food and ale. Horse stabling is available on the outskirts of the village, with bridleways from the doorstep, plus the nearby attractions of the famous Settle-Carlisle Railway line, the Eden Valley and the famous Three Peaks are within easy reach, making this cottage a delightful romantic retreat, ideal for exploring all the beauty of the surrounding National Parks. Note: This property is next to Ref. 26938, together they sleep 6.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with open fire and electric fire.
- Electric central heating with open fire (available 1st Oct to 1st Apr) and electric fire (available all year round)
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock/radio, WiFi, selection of books
- Fuel and power inc. in rent, starter pack for fire inc. in rent (1st Oct to 1st Apr)
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Enclosed patio with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 6 miles, pub 1 min walk
- River 5 mins walk
- Note: Guests are welcome to use the open fire in the spring/summer (please bring all fuel needed for duration of stay), by prior arrangement with owner
- Note: Horse stabling available at additional cost and by prior arrangement with owner.
- Last minute
- “A nice quiet place for a lazy holiday. It was handy for Appleby and Penrith. Had good "pub grub" in nearby villages.”
- “The cottage had everything we wanted and more with excellent standards of accommodation throughout. It was situated within a nice location for visiting the Lake District and southern Scotland and the scenery was beautiful.”
- “Peaceful, quiet and the area was amazing. The cottage was beautiful.”
- “Lovely property.”
About the location
Appleby-in-Westmorland 6 miles; Penrith 12 miles.
The attractive, unspoilt rural village of Kings Meaburn in the Lyvennet Valley is ideally placed for exploring the Lake District, Eden Valley and the Yorkshire Dales. This quiet, picturesque village is home to the White Horse Inn, a lovely pub and it stands adjacent to the River Lyvennet, which flows from the south through Crosby Ravensworth and finally enters the River Eden near Temple Sowerby. Nearby Appleby, originally the county town of Westmorland sits at the heart of the lush Eden Valley, and is one of the loveliest towns in the north of England. The town is a major stop on the Settle-Carlisle Railway, which is one of the most beautiful railway journeys in Britain and today many of the old stream trains wend their way along this line and over the awe-inspiring Ribblehead Viaduct. Visit Appleby in June and experience the famous Horse Fair, the largest Romany gathering in Europe, enjoy a walk on the Pennine Way at Dufton, or explore one of the local cycle trails. With the delightful Pooley Bridge, Penrith and the magnificent Lake District within easy reach, this is an ideal holiday location.