- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Kirkby Lonsdale 3 miles. This stylish cottage is situated on a working dairy farm in the Lune Valley, just a five minute drive from the lovely market town of Kirkby Lonsdale. As soon as guests step into this superb cottage they will be embraced by the charm and appeal of this lovely cottage. The contemporary, open plan living area at this cottage near Kirkby Lonsdale has beautiful views across the farmyard looking down the valley and a superb, fully-equipped kitchen with doors leading from the dining area to the patio. The master bedroom is on the ground floor, together with a luxury bathroom. Outside, is a lovely patio area to enjoy this quiet and tranquil part of Cumbria and guests will be delighted to watch the cows come in twice a day for milking. With a bridleway running through the farm, guests can walk or cycle to Kirkby Lonsdale and enjoy a delicious treat at one of the superb cafes or restaurants. The whole area is perfect for walking or cycling, with the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District within a 30 minute drive. This immaculate cottage is an excellent base for couples or families at any time of the year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double with TV, 1 x twin, 1 x cot room. Ground floor bathroom with bath, drench shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
Biomass central heating. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Sky Movies and Sports, WiFi. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 1 car, additional parking by arrangement with owner. Lockable bike storage. Enclosed patio with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 3 miles. Note: Due to rural location, WiFi may be intermittent. Note: This cottage is located on a working farm, children to be supervised. Note: Due to the cottage layout, may not be suitable for those with limited mobility. Note: The twin room has limited headroom and is ideally suitable for children.
- Last minute
- “Hawkrigg Cottage is excellent”
- “We stayed at Hawkrigg for a short business trip. Everything went like clockwork from start to finish. Directions were good and key collection easy peasy on arrival. The location is delightful and the views from the living room are breath-taking. Emma popped in to check if everything was ok when we got there and was on hand if we needed anything. She was extremely friendly and helpful and even left us a bottle of wine and some (very indulgent!) cake! We would definitely recommend Hawkrigg. It is clean, new and beautifully decorated. As the twin room upstairs is under a gable it would probably be more suited to children, however my sister slept in the upstairs room and managed just fine.”
- “Fantastic place”
- “We stayed here the first week in January for 1 week. It really is the most fantastic place. The cottage was immaculate and spacious and the views were amazing. Emma and family were so helpful and friendly made us feel very welcome and even left us a cake. We stayed in the cottage for most of the week as we just wanted to chill out and this was a perfect setting to relax . We did visit Kirkby Lonsdale which was a lovely little place and just a short drive from the cottage. We would definitely come back again.”
- “A home away from home.”
- “Upon finding Hawkrigg Cottage, which was made simple by great directions, we unpacked our bags and pretty much immediately felt at home. The cottage itself is finished to a very high standard, was immaculate and to top it off there was a homemade cake in the kitchen for us that was fantastic and a bottle of wine in the fridge. 1st impressions count; the cottage made a good start and didn't falter throughout our whole stay. Ideally situated between the Lakes and the Dales, it was great for day trips to either and it was always a pleasure to return to the cottage, cook dinner and have a night in front of the TV. If you have a desire to eat out, the village of Kirkby Lonsdale is a few minutes drive down the road and has a number of good places to eat. We genuinely couldn't have been more pleased with the cottage and would go back tomorrow if we could. If you're looking for a cottage to base yourself then I recommend Hawkrigg Cottage, it's everything you need and a ridiculous bargain.”
- “The cottage was beautiful and the owner was very friendly and welcoming. It was well kitted out for our 1 year old son with a cot and high chair which makes travelling so much easier! Nothing could have been better, it was great.”
- “The location for getting to different places was excellent. The Cottage was very comfortable and cosy the owner was very helpful in every aspect. The Cottage was very clean and modern it also had a nice smell to it. We hope to return again one day and will definitely go back to this Cottage.”
- “A lovely property in a beautiful setting, we would definitely recommend to friends and family.”
- “A fantastic cottage in a beautiful location. Gorgeous views and ideal for visiting the Lakes and Dales. Would definitely recommend and hope to visit again in the future.”
- “Hawkrigg Cottage had fantastic views, couldn't fault the place. Wad a very happy family holiday and would highly recommend without a doubt.”
- “Very high standard of property with good attention to detail. We will definitely be back.”
- “We loved the property and owners were very welcoming. We would book again.”
- “Had a warm welcome. The cottage was comfortable and had a great layout. It was clean, well equipped and in a great location. Would certainly re-book.”
- “We had a very good week. The cottage was very very good, it had everything we wanted. The location was great to visit Cumbria, Yorkshire and Lancashire. Very nice views and great nature to do walks.”
- “A delightful holiday cottage. Very comfortable and modern décor, very well maintained. Very good quality beds, bedding and other facilities. Very pleasant owner. We had a lovely holiday and having a nice home to return to each day was great. We would certainly visit again if we go back to the lakes.”
- “A pleasant situation, the owners were extremely friendly and helpful. The Cottage was very clean and well equiped. Sky Tv was a bonus. A homemade cake as a welcome was a nice gesture.”
- “Beautiful location looking out over the Lune Valley with it's dramatic sky. Situated on a working farm but not intrusive to holiday makers. Hawkrigg Cottage had everything we required - and more - and was spotlessly clean and tidy. Perfectly situated for the Lakes and Yorkshire by car. Would definitely return.”
About the location
Kendal 9 miles.
An attractive market town, Kirkby Lonsdale is situated in the heart of the Lune Valley, midway between the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District. The town was mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086, and holds a 13th century Market Charter. Nowadays, Thursday is market day, a perfect opportunity for visitors to explore the variety of distinctive shops in the town, or the many 17th and 18th century buildings which still stand. This part of the Lune Valley was a favourite haunt of the artist Turner, and was made famous by Ruskin – his "view" of the valley is still spectacular. The medieval Devil’s Bridge spans the river, and the quiet country lanes are ideal for exploring by car, bike, or even horse. There are three golf courses nearby, as well as tennis, riding, fishing and a variety of riverside and country walks, making the area an ideal location for a break, whatever time of year.