- Open fire
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A superb Georgian apartment located opposite the wonderfully eclectic gift shop, Parma Violet, in the very heart of the lively market town of Kirkby Lonsdale.
Fully renovated to a high standard and boasting beautiful contemporary styling, this warm Kirkby Lonsdale apartment provides first-class Lakeland holiday accommodation in a fantastic location.
Featuring a delightful sitting room with woodburner and views of the main street, a modern kitchen, and a luxurious second floor king-size double bedroom with old beams and sash windows, this Kirkby Lonsdale holiday apartment makes a perfect base for a romantic break.
Guests can enjoy the stunning surroundings of this area and the many delights of Kirkby Lonsdale, and the beautiful walks along the river made famous by the artist Turner and the writer John Ruskin.
Kirkby Lonsdale is only a few miles from the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales and The Forest of Bowland, which is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Whether you're looking for a romantic break, walks in the countryside or shopping in Kirkby Lonsdale, this self-catering holiday apartment is wonderful at any time of the year.
Over first and second floors. Two bedrooms: 1 x second floor king-size double, 1 x second floor twin. Second floor bathroom with bath, ceiling mounted shower over, corner basin and WC. First floor sitting room with woodburner and full length sash windows. First floor fitted kitchen with dining area. First floor utility room. Private ground floor entrance from the high street.
- Electric central heating with woodburner
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher
- Washing machine and tumble dryer in utility room
- Flat screen TV with Freeview, DVD, digital radio, iPod dock, selection of DVDs, books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Welcome pack on arrival
- Roadside parking and car parks available in the town
- Sorry, no pets, no smoking and no hen/stag parties
- Shops, pubs and restaurants 1 min walk
- Note: Some areas in the property have restricted head height
- Note: Pre-cooked meals can be provided for guests on arrival and during their holiday by arrangement
- Note: Max
- 4 people
- Note: Short breaks are bookable at this property but cannot start on a Saturday - please contact office for details
- Note: Bookings at this property cannot start on a Bank Holiday Monday.
About the location
Kendal 9 miles.
An attractive market town, Kirkby Lonsdale is situated in the heart of the Lune Valley, midway between the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District. The town was mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086, and holds a 13th century Market Charter. Nowadays, Thursday is market day, a perfect opportunity for visitors to explore the variety of distinctive shops in the town, or the many 17th and 18th century buildings which still stand. This part of the Lune Valley was a favourite haunt of the artist Turner, and was made famous by Ruskin – his "view" of the valley is still spectacular. The medieval Devil’s Bridge spans the river, and the quiet country lanes are ideal for exploring by car, bike, or even horse. There are three golf courses nearby, as well as tennis, riding, fishing and a variety of riverside and country walks, making the area an ideal location for a break, whatever time of year.