- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This elevated detached property, set in the beautiful mature gardens of one of Kirkby Stephen's former manor houses, is perfectly placed to enjoy the spectacular surrounding countryside and the many quaint corners of this delightful market town.
One of our finest Kirkby Stephen cottages, Manor Lodge offers comfortable, bright and attractive facilities with an upside down layout.
The first floor open plan living area includes a modern kitchen, dining area and a sitting area with exposed beams.
This delightful, contemporary Kirkby Stephen cottage is surrounded by mature gardens and a beautiful carp pond, so why not relax on the balcony and take in the beautiful colours which surround you in the summer?
This cottage in Kirkby Stephen is a great starting point to explore the fells, Dales and Lakes that surround you.
The historic Settle-Carlisle Railway is on the outskirts of town and is regarded as one of the most spectacular lines in Britain.
This Kirkby Stephen cottage is two minutes away from the pubs, restaurants and shops of the town.
So, if you want to walk, cycle, admire the view or explore the many hidden villages the area has to offer, this Kirkby Stephen cottage is a great place to stay any time of year.
Two ground floor bedrooms: 1 x twin, 1 x double. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. First floor open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Gas central heating
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD player
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for two cars
- Balcony with chairs
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 2 mins walk
- Note: Property is accessed by 15 external stone and wooden steps
- Note: Babes-in-arms and children aged 8 and over only.
- “Jones family Kirby Stephen lodge rental”
- “What an excellent spot to enjoy the area in and around Kirkby Stephen. Manor Lodge was easy to find, provided excellent facilities overall and was a very brief walk to shops and restaurants. A private, off-road parking space next to the lodge was a good start; a place to store four bikes under a wooden walkway was helpful and a first view of the lodge when opening the door was like a home from home! There was a well-equipped kitchen, a clean bathroom and two clean bedrooms; all very homely. It took less than five minutes to walk to any shop or restaurant (and there was a variety of dining opportunities in the main street) and we set off from the lodge on three major walks and two cycle rides with map in hand - easy! A day trip to Carlisle on the Settle to Carlisle Railway was great too. The whole family would recommend this rental to anyone wanting to visit the area.”
- “Beautiful accomodation”
- “Beautiful home set in a glorious garden. We even saw a Heron in the garden pond outside one of the bedrooms on two occasions. Ideal location to explore the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales. The photographs do not do the home justice as it is much larger than expected. The only thing we least liked was having to carry our cases up the steps but its only on the first and last day so not a big problem.”
- “Peace, quiet and comfort.”
- “Excellent accommodation in area of natural beauty. Good activities and sights close to Kirkby Stephen and Lake District close enough for a day activity there if you want it. Accommodation was clean,warm and well-equipped.”
- “This is a well equipped, modern and spacious property. The lounge and beds are very comfortable.”
- “The whole package really. The cottage was set in the most beautiful gardens. The fixtures and fittings were all of the highest quality and every attempt had been made to ensure the we had everything we could need. We would unreservedly recommend the accommodation.”
- “It was a lovely place to stay and in a good location - would highly recommend it.”
- “An excellent home away from home. Close to all amenities and for all the activities undertaken (walking, cycling, eating out).”
- “Owners available and helpful but did not intrude. Location excellent for both Lakes and Dales. Within walking distance of shops and eating places.”
- “Very homely feel at the property, was good to 'come home to' each day, very relaxing.”
- “Peaceful weeks holiday in a lovely lodge in a friendly village. Tea rooms and cafés for lunches and a couple of pubs within easy walking distance. Lovely walks, beautiful scenic views and lots of wildlife to be seen. Thoroughly enjoyed our time in Kirkby Stephen.”
- “The property was very conveniently situated for shops but also the surrounding lovely countryside for sightseeing.”
- “Manor Lodge was lovely and comfortable and provided us with everything we needed. A perfect base for a lovely holiday in a beautifully part of the country.”
- “Comfortable, well-appointed accommodation in a convenient location for local services and for touring and walking in the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales. The owner was very friendly and helpful.”
- “A very pleasant property with friendly owners. Easy walk to the shops and station. Very enjoyable two weeks.”
- “We had a fantastic holiday in this lovely property. It was great to see the fells from the windows.”
About the location
Sedbergh 13 miles; Penrith 22 miles; Reeth 22 miles; Kendal 23 miles.
The old market town of Kirkby Stephen lies at the foot of the Howgill Fells in the upper Eden Valley, between the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales National Parks. The traditional market town hosts a variety of shops, cafes, restaurants and pubs for every taste and budget. A delightful rural town with a thriving local community and many traditional old dwellings, Kirkby Stephen boasts cobbled old yards, quaint corners and a pretty picnic area where “Frank’s Bridge” crosses the River Eden, while just a mile from the town, the old railway station connects to the magnificent Settle-Carlisle Railway line, a must-do travel experience for everyone. Enjoy many excellent walks and cycle routes nearby, explore the magnificent Howgill Fells or visit the majestic Pendragon Castle. A superb location with the whole of the mystical Lake District National Park and the stunning Yorkshire Dales at your fingertips.