- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
A stone-built detached cottage set in a quite splendid rural location, just a short ten minute walk from the delightful village of Middleton-in-Teesdale.
Set amongst glorious countryside on the edge of a small camping park, the majestic North Pennine landscape and the beautiful Tees Valley provide a wonderful backdrop to this little holiday retreat.
With an unusual ground floor layout, the cottage is just perfect for those looking for that something a little different, to get away from it all and enjoy waking up to the beautiful countryside.
Arriving, guests will be met by a small, well laid out holiday home, unusual and slightly quirky with the main entrance leading into the living area with its compact galley kitchen, sitting area and dining area with the added bonus of a romantic woodburning stove.
The bedroom is small with a double bed fitting snugly into the room and there is a separate modern shower room.
The cottage sits in the corner of a two-acre field and a small patio area is provided to sit out, enjoy an evening tipple and enjoy dining alfresco.
The famous Teesdale Way cuts alongside the site joining onto the Pennine Way and the village centre, with its country shops and cafes, is a lovely walk amongst rolling meadowland.
The walk down the river to High and Low Force ranks amongst one of the finest walks in the country, with spectacular landscapes, limestone scars and the majestic waterfalls rewarding all the efforts of getting there.
The nearby market town of Barnard Castle, with its cobbled streets and quaint lanes, attracts visitors all year round, while the Northern Dales are waiting to be discovered slightly further afield.
Visit medieval Raby Castle with its deer park, The Bowes Museum, High Force Waterfall and Eggleston Hall.
A cosy getaway cottage providing something a little bit different.
All ground floor: One double bedroom. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Gas central heating with woodburning stove
- Gas oven and hob, fridge, TV with Freeview, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Patio with picnic bench
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops, pubs and village centre 10 min walk
- Note: The two acre field is used for campers during the summer months, the nearest pitch is 50 yards from the cottage and there is some screening to that side of the cottage on the patio area and the caravan park is 100 yards away in the adjoining field
- Note: The river bank is 200 yards from the cottage
- Note: The owner of the site provides 1000 yards of free fishing on the River Tees (guests must have own rod licence), please contact owner at the site reception for more information.
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £75.
About the location
Barnard Castle 10 miles.
Nestling by the banks of the River Tees is the pretty Pennine town of Middleton-in-Teesdale, which lies in the heart of Teesdale, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. This bustling town offers a good range of shops, pubs and places to eat and is surrounded by superb walking country, with high open moorland as well as pretty wooded valleys. The nearby waterfalls of High Force, Gibson's Cave and Cauldron Snout are amongst the most spectacular sights in the district, and the nearby market town of Barnard Castle can be easily reached and offers a full range of facilities.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute