- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
A lovely end-terraced cottage overlooking the village green in the heart of the picturesque village of Langcliffe, one mile from the market town of Settle. Ideally placed away from the hustle and bustle of modern life, this Langcliffe cottage offers a relaxing retreat amidst stunning countryside. Restored and furnished to a good standard, this Langcliffe cottage provides comfortable, well-equipped accommodation with a warm and inviting sitting room and views towards the village church. Three bedrooms, a modern shower room and a kitchen/diner complete the accommodation at this Langcliffe cottage whilst outside, pretty gardens provide the perfect spot to relax and unwind. Excellent walks can be enjoyed from the doorstep of this Langcliffe cottage with a network of public footpaths taking you through some of the finest scenery in the Dales. Nearby Settle caters for all your needs with its quaint market square and imposing town hall surrounded by a wide variety of independent shops, a traditional theatre and swimming pool. Be sure to take a trip on the famous Settle to Carlisle Railway which passes over the majestic Ribblehead Viaduct - just a short distance from this Langcliffe cottage. With numerous attractions in the locality, such as the Dales Falconry Centre, Malham Cove, just 6 miles away, and the stunning Ingleton waterfalls, there are plenty of options to fill your days.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x children's single (suitable for up to 12 years only). Shower room with shower, basin, WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area and gas fire. Sitting room with gas fire.
- Gas central heating with gas fires in kitchen and sitting room
- Electric combination oven/microwave and ceramic hob, fridge, freezer, washing machine, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair available
- Roadside parking close by plus free municipal car park in village
- Bike storage
- Lawned garden and decked patio with furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: This cottage sleeps a maximum of 4 adults.
- Last minute
- “Character cottage”
- “Cosy cottage, a real home from home. Specially liked the kitchen diner. Superbly equipped and very comfortable. In Langcliffe a very pretty little place. The cottage is opposite the village green and the church. Would love to go back.”
- “A lovely clean well furnished cottage with beautiful gardens. In a lovely small quiet village location with lots of walks from the doorstep.”
- “This is an excellent cosy cottage located in a beautiful village just a short walk from the market town of Settle with lots of local walks and a short car ride to many of the wonderful spots of the Yorkshire Dales and the Forest of Bowland. It is a well laid out and roomy property, and has all the things you need for a relaxing holiday. Can't wait for my next visit to the Cottage in Langcliffe!”
- “Excellent property in fabulous village location. We will definitely return.”
- “Just the most exquisite location and fantastically maintained cottage and gardens.”
- “The cottage was extremely comfortable. It was lovely to have a comfortable sofa in the kitchen so we could all congregate when we cooked the occasional evening meal. The heating was easy to regulate and the owners had left useful notes on how to work the shower and TVs. The village was beautiful and everyone we met was extremely friendly. It was in a great location for touring the Dales. We had a fabulous time.”
About the location
Settle 1 mile; Malham 7 miles.
Langcliffe is a charming Dales village at the south west rim of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, nestled beside the largest outcrop of limestone in Britain - a region of scars, cliffs, caves and potholes - amongst some of the most picturesque scenery in North Yorkshire. Part of the Yorkshire National Park, with its stone cottages clustered around the spacious village green, Langcliffe is tucked away in a backwater, with a beautiful old church, and there is excellent walking in all directions. The nearby market town of Settle boasts a good selection of restaurants and pubs and a public swimming pool. The Victoria Hall is a Community Centre with music and book fairs, theatrical productions and auctions, plus Settle country market takes place every Tuesday with a farmers’ market each month. The famous Settle-Carlisle Railway crosses some of the most beautiful and inspiring upland scenery in the country. Settle has a challenging golf course and cycle hire, horse riding and fishing are all available locally. Natural attractions such as Malham Cove and Gordale Scar are within easy reach, as are nearby Skipton and Malham. Settle is in the midst of excellent walking country and is a good base for touring the Dales, the Lake District and the Forest of Bowland.