- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Situated in the small village of Lindale near Cartmel and Grange-over-Sands is this superb, end-terrace cottage.
This Lindale cottage offers excellent accommodation and makes an ideal base for exploring this fascinating area with the stunning Lake District National Park, and the Yorkshire Dales, within easy reach.
This cottage near Grange-over-Sands offers three delightful bedrooms boastings lovely views of the surrounding area, along with a modern bathroom on the first floor.
Downstairs, there is a well-equipped kitchen with a dining area where you can enjoy delicious, home-cooked meals before relaxing in the sitting room.
Alternatively, on sunny days, enjoy alfresco dining whilst admiring the beautiful views!
The village of Lindale offers a village shop, two pubs and a Post Office, just a one-minute walk away from this Lindale cottage.
The Foulshaw Moss Nature Reserve is just a five minute drive, home to nesting ospreys, and The RSPB: Leighton Moss is just slightly further along the coast.
With Morecombe Bay and Sizergh, famous for its hawfinches nearby, the area is a paradise for nature lovers.
The Edwardian town of Grange-over-Sands, with its award-winning tea rooms and butchers, is conveniently close by, as is the pretty village of Cartmel.
This Lindale cottage is within easy driving distance of the South Lakes Safari Zoo and the Lake District.
Visit the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway and catch a train to Lakeside itself and the aquarium.
From here, hop on a boat trip up Lake Windermere, visit Beatrix Potter’s Hill Top House at Sawrey, and venture all the way up to Ambleside.
With so much to do in this charming corner of Cumbria, this welcoming Lindale cottage is the perfect base for a holiday, at any time of the year.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with electric fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Secure parking in garage for 1 car, additional ample off road parking
- Lockable bike storage
- Front lawned garden, rear patio with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 min walk
- Note: WiFi is intermittent.
- Last minute
- “Wonderful cottage in a lovely location”
- “This lovely spacious cottage is in an excellent location with easy access to a lot of places many reached by public transport, bus stop 100 yards away. The cottage is a home from home with everything in it being of a very high standard. There is plenty of crockery, cutlery glasses etc, it is also very clean. There are lovely gardens front and back both with comfortable garden furniture, the sun is on the back in a morning and the front in the afternoon and evening. We received a very warm welcome from the owners and they provided us with cakes/biscuits and drinks which were very much appreciated.”
- “The Cottage was spotless and perfect in every way. It was in a perfect location for our first visit to the Lakes and we were able to explore the Southern area. The owners were warm, friendly and welcoming.”
- “Cherry Tree Cottage was a lovely, well equipped cottage situated in an ideal place to travel the local area and also excellent for walking. The owner was an exceptionally lovely lady who was very helpful in every way. We would certainly recommend this property.”
- “The property was spotlessly clean and the owners were friendly and helpful. Lindale is a lovely village from which to explore the southern Lake.”
- “First visit to the Lakes so the cottage hired was an important part of our holiday plan. The cottage was lovely, a home away from home in many ways .”
- “On arrival the welcome we got was lovely. What a fantastic Cottage with everything we needed for a great holiday! Five stars from us.”
- “A wonderful cottage in a lovely location, it was very easy to get to many places from. We received a really nice welcome from the owners. There are lovely gardens front and and back, both having garden furniture. The back gets the sun in the morning and the front in the afternoon and evening. The standard of everything in the cottage is very high with plenty of crockery and cutlery, definitely a home from home as it is so comfortable.”
- “In a lovely position, convenient for visiting all the Lakes. It was very comfortable and cosy and the beds were excellent.”
- “Had a very warm welcome from our hosts. A lovely cottage with excellent facilities and lots of places to visit not too far away.”
- “We received a very warm welcome upon our arrival, and the cottage was certainly the best we have been in yet. There are lots of lovely places to visit round and about and Cartmel has some lovely eating places. Overall a wonderful holiday and would certainly book again.”
- “Everything was even nicer than portrayed on your photos of the cottage. The owners were charming and really helpful. The village was very pretty and it was really easy to travel to all the attractions of the lower lakes. We would really recommend it to anyone asking.”
- “Had a great stay in this well equipped Cottage in a great location. Would definitely return here. The owner was very helpful and friendly.”
About the location
Grange-over-Sands 2 miles; Cartmel 3.6 miles; Windermere 12 miles.
The small village of Lindale is situated in the south of the Lake District National Park, just a few short miles from the coastal estuary and the seaside town of Grange-over-Sands. Sitting on the slopes of Hampsfield Fell it has a true 'Lakeland feel' with narrow streets, quaint stone dwellings, two traditional pubs and an 18-hole golf course. Cartmel, with its delicious sticky toffee pudding, famous annual horse race meetings, a 12th century priory, and gourmet restaurants is a ten-minute drive away. The pretty coastal resorts of Arnside and Grange are all neighbours and worthy of a visit. Just a short drive away is Lake Windermere and the villages of Bowness-on-Windermere, and Hawkshead - which still retain the charm and character that has endeared them to so many. The area is perfect for walking and cycling for people of all abilities, with many Sustrans cycleways and Grizedale Mountain Bike trails nearby. Take a stroll along the promenade at Grange-over-Sands or pull on your walking boots and explore the fells. Set amidst the charm of the southern lakes, this attractive village makes an inspiring choice from which to enjoy the whole of a magical area.