- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Little Langdale 1 mile.
A traditional, semi-detached cottage, situated in the grounds of the owner's farm close to the delightful hamlet of Little Langdale, 6 miles from Ambleside.
Situated close to Brathay River and offering awe-inspiring views of the Langdale Pikes, this gem of a cottage boasts old beams and slate flooring throughout and a woodburning stove in the sitting room, creating a homely atmosphere to greet visitors after a day on the fells.
The magnificent, surrounding countryside offers great walks and cycle routes, whilst the charming villages of Elterwater and Chapel Stile have well-stocked village shops and traditional pubs.
With all the Lake District National Park has to offer within a short drive away, this is an idyllic holiday location.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area & sitting area with woodburning stove. Entrance porch.
- Electric heaters with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with basic Satellite, DVD, radio/CD, small library of books
- Starter pack of fuel for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Electricity inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Rear patio with furniture
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shops & swimming pool 3 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: Property is situated on a working sheep farm
- Note: Property is suitable for a maximum of 4 people including infants
- Note: Owner runs a B&B next to property, which sleeps up to 4 people
- Contact owner directly for details.
About the location
Ambleside 5 miles.
The small hamlet of Little Langdale quietly sits in a scenic valley and consists of a scattering of houses and a local pub. The area is separated by the Lingmoor Fell from Great Langdale and is accessed via a twisting road which runs alongside the Brathay River, eventually passing by Little Langdale Tarn and heading to the Wrynose pass, following the path of an ancient Roman road. The landscape is magnificent with many regarding the area as the most beautiful in the British Isles, if not indeed the whole of Europe, inspiring many great poets over the years including William Wordsworth, known for his love of the area. With Ambleside and the whole of the National Park within easy reach, this magical location is not to be missed!
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute