- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
An outstanding first floor barn conversion, situated on a working farm in the Newlands Valley, five miles from Keswick.
The Hayloft is one of our premier Keswick cottages and is situated in some of the finest countryside in the whole of Lakeland; from its position on the fell it commands the most awe-inspiring views of the valley and the surrounding fells, making it an ideal base for couples looking to enjoy this beautiful area.
This quality Lakeland cottage has been fully renovated to provide first class, contemporary holiday accommodation with much character and style, still retaining many of the barn's original features such as old beams and the original window reveals.
This Lake District cottage boasts a beautiful open plan living area with a warm and cosy woodburning stove, a modern well-equipped kitchen and lovely feature windows to take advantage of the spectacular views of the fells.
The bedrooms in this Lake District cottage are located at either end of the living area and contain splendid super king-size, zip and link beds, along with superb en-suite facilities.
Outside, a lovely Lakeland cottage garden adds the final piece to this delightful Lake District cottage.
With great walks from the doorstep, including the Newlands Horseshoe, a five-hour walk with breathtaking views of Skiddaw and Blencathra, this is a perfect destination for those who love the great outdoors.
Just a couple of miles from your Lake District cottage the village of Braithwaite offers traditional old pubs and well-stocked village shops and the lovely old Lakeland town of Keswick, with its many attractions, is just a short drive away.
A wonderfully romantic Lakeland cottage retreat, in a fabulous location, whatever the time of year.
All first floor. Two bedrooms: 2 x super king-size double (zip and link), both with en-suite shower, basin, WC and heated towel rails. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove. Separate utility, bike storage and kennelling area on ground floor of barn.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove in sitting area
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, slow cooker, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, radio, selection of books, games and DVDs, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent, fuel for woodburning stove provided on honesty box basis
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Small rear garden and patio with garden furniture
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops 3 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: The cottage is accessed via rear steps leading to a level entrance by the garden
- A ramp also runs to the entrance
- Note: The owners provide a steel kennel/cage in the utility room for pets if required.
- Last minute
- “The perfect, luxurious getaway.”
- “From the moment we arrived all was perfect. The location is stunning and far enough 'out of the way' to be wonderfully quiet. But close enough to village shop and further afield to not feel cut off. Walks from your back door and the hills all around. Excellent hosts on a working farm. The property is 5 star and equipped to a very high standard.. There is a log burner to die for, with plenty of fuel, along with oil central heating. A spacious & homely environment. Both bedrooms have roomy en suite bathrooms, and great showers. The lighting within the open plan can be dimmed throughout, this we found to be a pleasant touch. The building is full of character but tastefully renovated with a crisp modern feel. Laminate flooring and carpeted bedrooms. Plenty of books, dvd's, games with guides and maps to allow you to explore or relax. Views from the windows are awesome. See attached photo's. A positively great experience. Cockermouth a few miles further North, offers a good deal too, well worth a look for shopping. Thank you Fiona and John.”
- “Superb cottage in a superb setting”
- “The Hayloft is a recently renovated holiday let and everything is in tip-top condition. The owners are very friendly and helpful and I really enjoyed the touches of fresh flowers and posh biscuits! Located on a working farm, we took our dog with us and were able to do some cracking walks from straight out of the back door. I really appreciated the wi-fi too as it meant that we were able to keep in touch with 'the outside world'. I would definitely stay there again and would be happy to recommend it to friends and family.”
- “A superb holiday experience”
- “We received a very warm welcome and the owners were happy to talk to us about the farm as thsy went about their work. The property was ideal for two couples with the luxury of two en suite double bedrooms. It had undergone an imaginative conversion and was well equipped. The location was superb and extra special as lambing was under way.It is difficult to find a criticism of this property as it is the best one we have ever hired.”
- “The best place we've been to - ever!”
- “This is a beaur=tiful cootage set on a a quiet farm with walks from your doorstep. The owners are very helpful and the accomodation is first class. There is everything you need. Stunning views and location. We will go back here.”
- “Superb well fitted cottage in great location but away from vill”
- “We had a great week despite the wet weather and walking from the door was superb. Well fitted and excellent heating both central heating and a wood burning stove. The owners were very helpful.”
- “Amazing location with superb views. A very clean, comfortable, modern and well equipped cottage. The owner was very welcoming and helpful. It is a short drive down a rough track but well worth it. Other tracks from the cottage can be walked or cycled. I would very highly recommend this cottage to anyone wishing to visit the Lake District.”
- “The owners welcomed us on arrival and made sure we had information regarding the accommodation, directions to local points of interest, where to purchase food items and good food pubs. The property was exceptionally clean with all mod cons, and was situated in the most beautiful setting with amazing views from all windows. Eat in or locally, you would not be disappointed with the surroundings. The accommodation and location is perfect for dogs. It is somewhere we would recommend and where we will be returning for many years to come.”
- “The location was excellent, with lots of walking direct from cottage, the car could have a rest. Had very friendly and helpful owners. Lovely and quiet, a proper get away.”
- “A fantastic well equipped, spotless cottage in a great location. The wood burner in the lounge heated the place quickly and made it cosy. There were great walks from the doorstep and amazing views of Skiddaw from the kitchen window. The super king size bed was really comfy and it was only a 15 minute drive into Keswick. Overall a great spot for exploring the Northern Lakes.”
- “This was an outstanding property in a wonderfully remote location. Stunning surroundings and view. All facilities were excellent with a good selection of guides and maps to borrow and family games available. A perfect break was had by us all. The log burner within the property had the place toasty during the cold snaps we had and there were plenty of dry hardwood logs available.”
- “Fab place - everything is excellent, we love it! Thanks to the owners.”
- “The setting of the Hayloft was marvellous and the surrounding countryside was wonderful. We wanted for nothing.”
- “Everything was fantastic, a great place.”
- “A brilliant cottage; we will stay again.”
- “Friendly owners, perfect location. Great being on working farm with animals. Bird feeders meant there was birdwatching from the cottage windows - and wonderful views.”
- “The location was perfect for a peaceful holiday.”
- “This cottage is in a spectacular location with wonderful views. Being away from the nearest lakes, it is particularly peaceful, although still within each reach of popular tourist attractions. The cottage itself is superb, the layout of two en-suite bedrooms around the sitting room well thought-through, the furnishings of very high quality and the decorations charming. The terrace and garden are perfect for the occasional sunny day (!) and through the efforts of the owners the bird life is spectacular (we saw a woodpecker family: mother, father and chick, every day). The owners were very helpful.”
- “Stunning views from the property and walks right on the doorstep!”
About the location
Keswick 5 miles.
Newlands is a classic unspoilt hamlet in the farming Newlands Valley, and an historic route over the pass (hause) into Buttermere. Farms are scattered throughout the valley with Stair and Little Town being the main settlements. The Newlands Valley is an excellent base for a walking holiday, with a huge variety of walking routes, including low level valley walks, ridge walks and fell walks. The area is also well known for its links with Beatrix Potter; “The Tale of Mrs Tiggywinkle'' uses the Newlands Valley as its backdrop and Catbells, Skelgill and Little Town can all be recognised from her sketches. Nearby, the small village of Braithwaite retains much of its traditional appeal, with the Coledale Beck running through the village with its whitewashed cottages, two shops and two real ale inns. Nearby, Bassenthwaite Lake is one of the most picturesque places in England. Mirehouse, a grand house and gardens on the shores of the lake with an open-air theatre is well worth a visit, along with Trotters Farm and Dodd Wood. Derwentwater, and Keswick with its wide range of attractions, are also within easy reach.