- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Broadband / WiFi
Low Bentham 2 miles. A lovely, stone-built end-terrace cottage, set in a quiet countryside location in Tatham just two miles from Low Bentham. Converted from former farm buildings, this lovely single-storey Bentham cottage makes an ideal retreat, in a quiet and peaceful location. From the main living room and the delightful terrace, this Bentham cottage boasts wonderful views of open countryside and magnificent Ingleborough, one of the famous Three Peaks. This is a perfect Bentham cottage to relax and unwind from the stresses of everyday living. There is an open plan living area with warm and cosy woodburning stove, patio doors to the paved terrace area, and a modern well-equipped kitchen with dining area. Lovingly constructed and individually styled, this cottage near Bentham has been furnished in a contemporary style to provide quality accommodation in a wonderful location. To the north, the landscape rises to the fells, moors and picturesque valleys of the Dales, while to the south are the wetlands of the Ribble Valley, which in turn, sweep upward to the magnificent wilderness of Bowland, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Nearby Settle is a bustling market town with a weekly market, or for a great day out, travel on the renowned Settle to Carlisle Railway line, which crosses some of the most beautiful and inspiring upland scenery in the country. A great place to stay and enjoy this beautiful corner of the Yorkshire Dales.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Electric central heating with woodburning stove in sitting area
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, small selection of books and DVDs
- Electricity and fuel for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Off road parking for two cars
- Cycle storage
- Small paved terrace with garden furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and Post Office 2 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: Owner breeds horses which graze in the adjoining fields.
- Last minute
- “A lovely cottage with picturesque surroundings.”
- “This cottage was delightful with wonderful views. It was very tastefully furnished and we were given a warm welcome by the owner. There are local maps of the area for your use and plenty of reading matter, plus binoculars for you to watch the wildlife on the lake. We certainly hope to return and would have no hesitation in recommending it.”
- “This was a jewel of a cottage. It was beautifully furnished and in such a lovely location. The owners are lovely people and made the holiday even better.”
- “The location was very quiet and tranquil with lovely views over the Dales. Quality furnishings and finishing touches to the property made it feel very welcoming.”
- “We adored our time in Ashbank Cottage. We took lovely walks and enjoyed the stunning countryside views. Our favourite part was the personal aspect of staying in a cottage and meeting the owner, rather than staying in a large impersonal hotel. There was a lovely collection of books and DVDs and we felt connected to all who had stayed there before.”
- “The place was very welcoming and well laid out. Very peaceful and good walking country.”
- “We have stayed in many self catering properties and this is without doubt the best equipped, smartest and cleanest property we have ever rented and excellent value for money. There is the added bonus of it being situated in a beautiful area.”
- “The cottage is lovely and warm and is in a beautiful, tranquil setting, the perfect place to rest, relax and enjoy the breathtaking scenery.”
- “Beautiful views of the hills around. Having a wood burner kept us cosy on evenings. So easy to get to both the Dales and the Lake District, we were spoilt for choice on where to go.”
- “Loved the wood burning stove and the views over the dales. Very peaceful location and a perfect location to unwind and recharge. Lovely location to explore and close to some lovely hills.”
- “A cottage that was comfortable, clean, well quipped with pleasing décor throughout and the view was good from the French windows. Our visit was to be a peaceful, relaxing, 'away from it all' long weekend and all elements of our stay in this lovely cottage ensured that.”
About the location
Wray 1 mile; Wennington Railway Station 1 mile; Kirkby Lonsdale 8 miles; Settle 15 miles.
The charming country parish of Tatham lies on the northern fringe of the Forest of Bowland, close to the small village of Wray, with its tea room, garden centre, pub and renowned Scarecrow Festival at the end of April. Also close by is the traditional Yorkshire market town of High Bentham and its highest point, The Great Stone of Fourstones. A relic of the Ice Age, the stone stands on the boundary where Lancashire meets Yorkshire and has become a distinctive feature of the landscape, boasting spectacular views over the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales and the Forest of Bowland. The Yorkshire Dales National Park and the famous three peaks of Ingleborough, Whernside and Pen-y-Ghent lie just to the north, while The Forest of Bowland, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, stretches away to the south and offers a wide range of unspoilt landscapes and visitor facilities. Nearby, High Bentham boasts a range of amenities including a good variety of shops and in the surrounding area, a range of pubs and restaurants serving fine beers and good food can be found. With the market towns of Settle, Kirkby Lonsdale, Skipton and Kendal all within easy driving distance, this peaceful area has something for everyone!