- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
A beautiful, stone-built terraced cottage set in an elevated position in the small Dales village of Low Bentham, a few miles from the famous Three Peaks of Ingleborough, Whernside and Pen-y-ghent. Full of character and charm, this delightful Yorkshire Dales cottage provides the perfect getaway for a couple or small family wishing to explore this popular area. This first-class Low Bentham holiday cottage features character and charm throughout, including the warm and cosy sitting room with its woodburner set in a feature stone fire surround, and a delightful window seat, while the kitchen features a flag stone floor, exposed stone wall and a stable door. Two beautiful bedrooms with exposed stonework and beams, both with lovely window seats, delightful furnishings and latched doors, make this a luxurious Yorkshire Dales cottage of real character and distinction. Outside, there is a small sitting area to both front and rear, a perfect location for relaxing after a hard day out on the local fells. With the stunning Dales landscapes right on your doorstep, this Low Bentham cottage offers peace and seclusion, but is perfectly positioned to explore the market towns of Settle and Skipton, and the equally-popular Kirkby Lonsdale with its old high street packed with curiosity shops and traditional old pubs. The Dales countryside offers wonderful walks and cycle routes, with the famous three peaks of Ingleborough, Whernside and Pen-y-ghent just a stone's throw away, plus the Lake District is only a 30-minute drive. An ideal country cottage just perfect for that long-awaited break in the Yorkshire Dales!
Two bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double, 1 x single. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner.
- Gas central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Sky, DVD, CD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Small front and rear patios with furniture
- Roadside parking 20 yards from cottage
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pubs 2 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Cottage was in a good location with easy drives to Lancaster, the coast and the main attractions in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. The village was relatively quiet. The main bedroom was large and comfortable.”
- “It was exactly as it was described, people friendly and helpful.”
- “Cottage was nice and clean and warm. TV excellent. Main bedroom was very nice. Beds comfortable.”
- “A great place to go if you just want to "chill out." It was a very enjoyable week.”
- “Great fire, lovely comfortable furnishings and thoughtful touches (wreath on the door just before Christmas). It was spotlessly clean and tastefully furnished. Owner contacted us on first evening by phone to check everything was ok. Just a wonderful break.”
About the location
Ingleton 3.5 miles; Settle 12 miles.
The picturesque Dales village of Low Bentham is less than a mile away from its larger 'sister' High Bentham and close to the magnificent Three Peaks. The National Park Centre in Clapham provides excellent information for walkers and is just a few miles down the road. Low Bentham itself, has two pubs and village shops. The nearby waterfalls at Ingleton and the famous White Scar Caves are well worth a visit, whilst the Lake District is within easy motoring distance.