- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Ingleton 2 miles.
An outstanding stone-built cottage, attached to the owner’s home, amongst gently rolling countryside in the hamlet of Westhouse, two miles from Ingleton in the heart of Three Peaks Country.
Settled along a country lane and approached via a short farm track, this delightful cottage sits in a serene position, amongst eight acres of the owner’s private grounds.
The property forms part of Bideber Mill, originally a water-powered corn mill dating back to the 1500s; mentioned in several old texts, it still holds much of its traditional appeal.
Radiating charm and character from the moment you walk through the door, the property has been carefully converted to showcase a blend of features including exposed beams, flagstone flooring in the kitchen and solid oak flooring in the beautiful en-suite bedroom.
It offers very well-equipped, romantic accommodation, perfect for couples wishing to explore this peaceful area.
Surrounded by spectacular sweeping countryside, with footpaths trailing right from the doorstep, this is an ideal rural retreat for a relaxing holiday or for discovering the delights of this unspoilt location.
The nearest amenities are just a mile away, with a shop selling local produce, a coffee shop and a pub, whilst Ingleton is just a little further, known for its incredible scenery with its impressive woodland waterfalls and stunning show caves.
When you’re ready for a day trip, the quaint villages of Dent and Hawes can be found within 20 minutes, whilst the whole of the Yorkshire Dales and the splendour of The Lake District, West Coast, The Forest of Bowland and the Three Peaks are all within an hour’s scenic drive.
An ideal Ingleton cottage for couples to enjoy a luxury rural retreat.
One king-size double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with electric stove.
- Oil central heating with electric stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, larder fridge, tabletop freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Private off road parking for 1 car beside cottage
- Secure cycle storage by arrangement
- Front patio with furniture plus shared use of the owner’s extensive gardens
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops 2 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: An unfenced water feature runs alongside the patio
- Note: Stairs open directly into the bedroom
- Note: No infants or children under 18
- Note: Short breaks may be available for three nights from Friday or Monday only
- Please contact the office for more information
About the location
Bentham 2.5 miles; Kirkby Lonsdale 6 miles; Settle 12 miles.
Nestling under Ingleborough, one of the famous Three Peaks, on the western edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, the attractive village of Ingleton offers a good range of shops, pubs and places to eat. There's also a year-round climbing wall, as well as a seasonal heated outdoor swimming pool in a beautiful riverside setting. The attractive village centre has narrow winding streets centred on a tiny market place. The village's main claim to fame is the superb Waterfalls' Walk, while the well known White Scar Caves are just over a mile away. An excellent location from which to explore the Yorkshire Dales, the Lake District and the Forest of Bowland.
Note: No infants or children under 18.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute