- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Lupton 1 mile.
A stone-built, semi-detached cottage, originally part of a Yeoman farmyard, on a rare breed farm, one mile from Lupton and three miles from Kirkby Lonsdale.
With a beautiful, individual design and thoughtful furnishings throughout, this Lupton cottage is one of our finest Lakeland cottages.
Ideal for a romantic getaway or a break with friends, this Kirkby Lonsdale cottage retains much character with its old beams, slate floors and handmade oak furniture combining perfectly with modern fixtures including the underfloor heating.
The magnificent living area, with a solid oak floor and a high ceiling featuring exposed beams, is warmed by a cosy woodburner.
A spacious bedroom and a bathroom complete the ground floor accommodation.
Upstairs, this Lupton cottage boasts a second beautiful bedroom with a bespoke bed, a feature window incorporated into the solid oak headboard, a sitting area and a stylish en-suite wet room.
This charming Cumbrian cottage nestles amongst the picturesque countryside of the Lune Valley, and many enchanting walking and cycling routes trail into the surrounding countryside from the doorstep, whilst a drive to the Lake District or Yorkshire Dales National Parks offers further fantastic days out for the adventure seekers in your party.
Enjoy the day trekking, or spend a quiet afternoon delighting in the fishing or golf opportunities available within easy reach of your cottage near Kirkby Lonsdale.
A unique Lupton cottage in a fantastic setting, the perfect, beautiful base for your next Lakeland holiday.
Note: This cottage is next to Ref.
4247, together they sleep 8.
Two bedrooms with TV: 1 x ground floor king-size double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x king-size double with en-suite wet room with basin. Separate WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner.
Oil central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor and woodburner. Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 2 cars. Patio with furniture and BBQ. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 3 miles, pub 2.2 miles. Note: As property is on a working farm children must be supervised near the animals.
- “Lovely relaxing stay half term break”
- “Lovely quiet cottage in a beautifully picturesque area, not too far from Kirkby Lonsdale but far enough off the beaten track. No mobile signal which was perfect for us but wifi so you can Skype or FaceTime to keep in touch. Lovely comfortable beds, good showers and lovely bathrooms with a wet room upstairs. Cosy log burner is a nice touch but the heating in the cottage keeps you toasty, underfloor downstairs and rads upstairs. The kitchen is just right and has everything to hand and you are spoilt for choice in regards to either quality ingredients or places to eat out. The owners are on hand if you need anything and very friendly, highly recommended and I hope we will visit again soon.”
- “Peaceful Stay”
- “Beautifully furnished cottage in a farm location with all amenities needed. This converted farm building is very spacious, clean and comfortable. The location is fabulous and hidden away in the countryside (I could see the Milky Way at night) and only 10 minutes from Kirkby Lonsdale - and prefect for exploring the Dales and the Lakes. Would highly recommend!”
- “The cottage was very peaceful and in a lovely location. It was very clean and ready for us to use. Having one bedroom and bathroom downstairs was a benefit to one of our party.”
- “A lovely cottage which was beautifully furnished and well equipped. Lovely surrounding area with very friendly people.”
- “Beautiful location, very peaceful and quiet but close enough to small villages and pubs. The farmer and wife were lovely, very friendly. A very cosy cottage with everything we needed. Had the best Christmas here and can't wait to go back!”
- “This is a beautiful cottage set in beautiful countryside. Furnishings are of a quality standard, the whole cottage is lovely, spacious and spotlessly clean. The owners are really friendly and welcoming.”
- “We particularly enjoyed the 'semi-remoteness' of Capel although it is within easy reach of Kirkby Lonsdale. We enjoyed the owners 'chat' and we loved the cosiness of the log burner. We loved hearing the geese being herded at 08.30 each morning (good alarm clock) and we thoroughly enjoyed visiting the towns that were within easy reach. We just loved the whole experience.”
- “The owners were so very friendly, made us feel welcome from the start. Lovely quiet location. Plenty of room in the cottage for four people, ideal for two couples as there is complete privacy. Well thought out kitchen with plenty of equipment. We loved having all the animals around.”
- “The owners were lovely and welcoming. The cottage itself was brilliant, very spacious and relaxing. The surroundings were peaceful, even the cows mooing. Thoroughly enjoyed the holiday and would certainly go back.”
- “Lovely barn conversion on a farm in peaceful location. Great views and just a short drive from the Lakes. The cottage is spacious and tastefully furnished by the owners, who were very helpful and friendly. Would thoroughly recommend!”
- “Warm, friendly & relaxed welcome. Good views, ability to be hands on with lamb feeding! The accomodation was excellent, akin to hotel living; we particularly enjoyed the walk in shower. The location was great, as it was remote enough but had easy access to nearby towns and Capel was a joy to return to after a day out. Having WiFi was a God send.”
About the location
Kirkby Lonsdale 4 miles; Kendal 8 miles.
Peacefully located amongst the South Cumbrian countryside, the small hamlet of Lupton consists of a scattering of dwellings and rural farms and enjoys beautiful views of nearby Farleton Knott and the distant Lakeland Fells. Hutton Roof Crags Nature Reserve is also nearby and boasts one of the most impressive areas of limestone habitat in Britain, whilst being home to a wide variety of butterflies, birds and plant life. The ancient market town of Kirkby Lonsdale, with its attractive 17th and 18th Century architecture and famous Devil's Bridge is within easy reach, offering a variety of distinctive shops and a good selection of fine pubs and restaurants. With the historic, Cumbrian town of Kendal, the picturesque Lune Valley and the charming villages of Arnside, Sedbergh and Settle all within easy touring distance, this ideal location makes a great base for exploring this lovely region!