- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A superb self-contained wing of a former Victorian hospital, in the tiny hamlet of Meathop, 3 miles from Grange-over-Sands.
Decorated and furnished to a high standard, this delightful property is designed in an 'upside down' style with the sitting room and kitchen on the first floor to take advantage of the pleasant views.
The light and airy accommodation is well equipped and comfortable, and boasts lovely pine flooring on the first floor and en-suite facilities.
With spacious, wooded mature grounds, this is a great base for relaxing and from which to enjoy good walks in the nearby woods or along the delightful Cumbrian Way.
The grounds attract a wide variety of wildlife, with many interesting bird species feeding at the kitchen window, including woodpeckers!
With Grange Golf Club and Ice Cream Farm just a 2 minute drive away, Grange-over-Sands, Cartmel and the Lake District National Park all within easy reach, there is plenty to see and do!
Two bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double and en-suite (bath with shower over, basin and WC), 1 x twin room. Ground floor bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC. First floor fitted kitchen with dining area. Light and airy sitting room with double aspect windows to enjoy the views.
- LPG central heating
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 4 x TVs, video, DVD player, stereo/CD player/radio, books/games/DVDs/videos etc
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Allocated parking space for one car, further parking in "visitor parking" area
- Enclosed, private garden across the courtyard from property
- Use of shared grounds with garden furniture
- Sorry, no smoking
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Shops 2 miles, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: There are 8 stone steps up to the entrance of the property.
- Last minute
- “Comfy, Cosy & Hospitable”
- “Fantastic cottage in a lovely location. The landlady had put in place the basics, grocery wise, that you need on your first evening/morning so that you didn't have to go straight out and buy things. Little touches like a bottle of wine and toiletries already in the amenities were appreciated. Plenty of towels available and lots of games, DVD's and information leaflets around. Extra heaters available as well as torches in the main entrance. All the beds were very comfy. All in all an excellent cottage and amenities.”
- “Wonderful Retreat”
- “The cottage was lovely and homely, had everything and more that we required. The location was perfect, very close to main roads around the area but off the beaten track enough so we were happy. There's a wealth of leaflets for walks and activities making planning our weekend much easier! The dogs also loved it;)”
- “Wonderful, just felt like our home!”
- “This was the best home we have ever rented! It didn't feel like a rental, that's why I'm referring to it as a home. So clean and well taken care of. Everything, and more was there for us when we arrived. Our host even went the extra mile, leaving us welcome gifts for Valentines Day, who does that? The hotel and restaurant were within a five minute walk through the woods. No cooking hurray! Excellent value for money. Ideally placed for touring the Lake District. Lovely to come home to at the end of a busy day, or to stay in all day, cosy and warm! I will certainly recommend this rental to everyone, and we will certainly be returning, only next time it will be for longer! Highly recommend, Six stars!!!”
- “comfortable, relaxing and welcoming”
- “Very well equipped, furnished to a high standard,owner thinks of everything and provides more than you expect , treats were left for the dog and a bottle of wine for ourselves. A real home from home we would definately recommend to everyone. Very well positioned for lakes and coast”
- “A charming place to stay”
- “Tree Tops is a fabulous place to stay. The owner, Carol has thought of everything you need. We were welcomed by a bottle of wine, milk, butter,bread and even some treats for our dog. I would not hesitate to recomend this lovely cottage to anyone”
- “A very pleasent comfortable and well appointed apartment.”
- “Every thing about Tree Tops came up to our satisfaction.It was very well equiped and comfortable.It is in a very quiet tranquil location.Due to the number of steps it could present problems to any one who as difficulty climbing steps.”
- “holiday enjoyed by all the family”
- “The cottage was perfect - spotlessly clean and well maintained and within easy reach of all the Lake District has to offer. The thoughtfulness of the owners , by leaving wine, groceries and treats for the dogs was very much appreciated by all.”
- “Beautiful place, amazing welcome, dog at home straight away!”
- “Excellent location for us to visit family locally”
- “We received excellent service. The facilities were first class. Well stocked in all departments. We had good support from the owners. No downside comments to make at all. Amazed at size of TV in lounge! Handy for the Woodland Hotel for an evening meal with family.”
- “Tremendous Tree Tops”
- “Welcome pack was fantastic. Accomodation was lovely. Very clean,tidy and well equipped. Nice quirky layout. Quiet and secluded location. Would have been nice if there was more allocated/planned walks from the cottage.”
- “A lovely cottage, would highly recommend. The lady who owns the property is very accommodating and even left us some treats on arrival.”
- “The property was excellent, I could find no fault. It was comfortable, clean and bright. The rooms were beautiful. The area was lovely, it was very quiet and the ideal place to get away from the hustle and bustle of every day life.”
- “Spacious rooms very comfortably furnished, in a peaceful setting with lovely scenic walks around.”
- “Very peaceful place. Plenty of room and good facilities, the welcoming touches were very much appreciated. The owner was very pleasant and helpful when we had to contact her with a small problem. This was resolved immediately. The nearby hotel is very convenient and welcoming for evening meals and good real ale!”
About the location
Grange-Over-Sands 3 miles; Windermere 15 miles.
The small hamlet of Meathop is situated in the southern Lake District National Park, just a few miles from the coastal estuary, a quiet and peaceful area occupying a rural location on the path of the Cumbrian Coastal Way. Nearby is Lindale, sitting on the slopes of Hampsfield Fell, with a true 'Lakeland feel' to its narrow streets, traditional dwellings and quaint old pubs. Cartmel, with its famous annual horse race, and the pretty coastal resorts of Arnside and Grange are all neighbours and worthy of a visit. Just a short drive away are Lake Windermere and the villages of Bowness-on-Windermere and Newby Bridge, which still retain the charm and character that has endeared them to so many. Set amidst the charm of the southern lakes, Meathop makes an inspiring choice from which to enjoy the whole of a magical area.