- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Mickleton 1 mile.
A quite charming, stone-built, semi-detached cottage, attached to the owner’s farmhouse on a smallholding, just one mile from the small rural village of Mickleton-in-Teesdale.
Wild and scenic, this delightful Mickleton-in-Teesdale cottage affords the opportunity to get away from it all and enjoy the many delights of the Teesdale countryside.
Situated on a high hillside on the owner’s smallholding and stables, the views alone are well worth the visit to this individually-styled holiday cottage.
Cosy and warm, and a real home-from-home, this lovely Teesdale cottage provides a chance to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and enjoy a relaxing holiday in one of the most scenic areas of the Yorkshire Dales.
Contemporary styling throughout tastefully combines with many of the original features to provide a perfect base for a couple or small family to get away from it all, enjoy the fabulous views and the great walking and relax in this delightful cottage.
Featuring a spacious open plan living room with a small modern kitchen, a cosy sitting area with woodburner, stylish furnishings and a dining area, this lovely cottage is a wonderful base.
A ground floor bathroom and two elegant bedrooms complete the accommodation in this stylish Mickleton-in-Teesdale cottage.
Outside, a small patio area, positioned to take full advantage of the lovely views, is surrounded by fields and meadows which are often occupied by sheep and cattle and the owner’s horses.
This is an ideal cottage for sitting out and enjoying a quiet evening drink.
The nearby market town of Barnard Castle, with its cobbled streets, Victorian architecture and quaint lanes offers many independent shops and antique centres and attracts visitors all year round, while the Northern Dales are waiting to be discovered.
Visit medieval Raby Castle with its deer park, The Bowes Museum, High Force Waterfall and Egglestone Hall, or enjoy the walks from the doorstep along the River Tees or through the beautiful Teesdale countryside.
This delightful Teesdale cottage is ideal for spring, summer or autumn breaks.
Two double bedrooms (one with small double bed). Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner. Entrance hall with sitting area.
- LPG central heating with woodburner, wind turbine supplying electricity and water from private spring
- Gas oven and hob, fridge (no ice-box), use of owner’s washing machine available at £1.50 per load, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Additional fuel available to purchase from owner
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Front patio with furniture
- Shared use of owner’s garden with lawns and seating areas
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: This is a working farm, children to be supervised when outside the cottage and garden
- Note: Home-cooked arrival dinner and/or departure breakfast, available on request
- Note: Produce is available to buy from farm shop (depending on availability) including, eggs, bacon, sausages etc
- Note: Check-in 4pm
About the location
Middleton-in-Teesdale 1 mile; Barnard Castle 9 miles.
The small hamlet of Mickleton is situated in the heart of beautiful Teesdale, close to the villages of Romaldkirk and Middleton in Teesdale and within a few miles of the market town of Barnard Castle. Mickleton itself consists of a cluster of stone houses along a single street and offers two pubs, one serving excellent food, along with a petrol station/garage. Beautiful walking country is right on the doorstep with The Pennine and Teesdale Ways, The River Tees and magnificent waterfalls at High Force all close by. There are also excellent cycling facilities in the dale and Hamsterley Forest.
- Last minute