- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This delightful, stone-built mid-terrace cottage lies in a sheltered, south-facing courtyard, to the rear of one of the oldest coaching inns in Middleton.
Originally part of stabling for 32 horses, this warm and cosy cottage has been completely refurbished and decorated, including a new kitchen, to offer a quiet and welcoming retreat.
There are many attractions within easy reach, including excellent pubs, historic castles and bustling market towns.
After a hard day's sightseeing, there are two excellent hotels/restaurants, as well as a fish and chip shop within a minute's walk of the cottage, whilst the local shop sells a wide variety of ready-made meals.
There is a wide choice of walks in the village along with those in the surrounding area, and set in the perfect location, this cottage guarantees a varied and interesting break.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x single. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with separate well-equipped kitchen, dining area and sitting area with flame-effect gas fire.
- Independent electric radiators throughout with gas fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD
- Electricity inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot available (please bring own cot linen)
- Parking space in front of cottage for 1 car, ample additional parking on nearby street
- Outdoor seat under window in shared courtyard/parking area
- Welcome pack provided
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome, A £25 refundable cleaning bond per dog to be returned at the end of your stay
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops, cafes, pubs etc
- nearby in village centre, 3 mins walk.
About the location
Barnard Castle 10 miles.
Nestling by the banks of the River Tees is the pretty Pennine town of Middleton-in-Teesdale, which lies in the heart of Teesdale, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. This bustling town offers a good range of shops, pubs and places to eat and is surrounded by superb walking country, with high open moorland as well as pretty wooded valleys. The nearby waterfalls of High Force, Gibson's Cave and Cauldron Snout are amongst the most spectacular sights in the district, and the nearby market town of Barnard Castle can be easily reached and offers a full range of facilities.
- Last minute