“New Year Heaven”Stayed for 2 nights New Years Eve and New Years Day and it was a real relaxing treat. The house was spotless and so very welcoming with everything we needed, even a bottle of prosecco to toast the New Year. Landlady popped in to say hi and make sure we had everything we needed, she even took the time to give us the best routes to go for a morning run with our two young children too which was really appreciated. Both adults and children loved our stay from the warm cosy atmosphere to the nice ...
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
An early 18th century, stone-built, semi-detached cottage, situated on the outskirts of the delightful village of Middleton-in-Teesdale, just 10 miles from Barnard Castle.
Boasting outstanding views of the surrounding fells, West House is full of charm and character, offering a quaint sitting room with cosy woodburning stove, a separate dining room and a spacious rear garden, ideal for sitting out and enjoying the peace and tranquillity of the area.
This is a good base for those wishing to experience village life with all the local shops, pubs and village walks just a short stroll from the property, whilst the nearby market town of Barnard Castle with its cobbled streets and quaint lanes attracts visitors all year round.
With the Northern Dales waiting to be discovered slightly further afield, this lovely cottage is ideal for family and friends to get away from it all!
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x family room with twin beds and additional pull-out stacker bed. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV, DVD, radio/CD, WiFi, selection of books/games/DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack of fuel for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Enclosed garden with patio area, garden furniture and BBQ
- Private fishing on River Tees available free of charge by arrangement with owner
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops, pubs, cafes and restaurant 5 mins walk
- Note: During the months of March and April, with prior arrangement with the owner, guests are able to bottle feed the lambs during the lambing season
About the location
Barnard Castle 10 miles.
Nestling by the banks of the River Tees is the pretty Pennine town of Middleton-in-Teesdale, which lies in the heart of Teesdale, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. This bustling town offers a good range of shops, pubs and places to eat and is surrounded by superb walking country, with high open moorland as well as pretty wooded valleys. The nearby waterfalls of High Force, Gibson's Cave and Cauldron Snout are amongst the most spectacular sights in the district, and the nearby market town of Barnard Castle can be easily reached and offers a full range of facilities.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute