- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful, stone-built, semi-detached cottage on a working livestock farm in the rural hamlet of Milton, two miles from Brampton.
Created from the careful, thoughtful conversion of an old dairy, this Milton cottage is tastefully decorated, with exposed crook beams, stonework, a woodburner and modern kitchen.
A charming Milton cottage with accommodation all on one level, the property is further enhanced by a spacious main bedroom with exposed beams, and outside, a delightful decked area with countryside views.
For those looking to tackle magnificent Hadrian's Wall, or explore the North Pennines, this is the ideal Milton cottage.
Note: This cottage is next to Refs.
3739, 4585, 917515, 922499 and 931769, together they sleep 24.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, basin, WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area & sitting area with woodburner.
- Electric storage heaters with woodburner in sitting area
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV, DVD, radio, stereo/CD, WiFi
- Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent, additional logs available (honesty box)
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair available
- Shared use of gardens
- Shared use (with five other cottages on site) of summerhouse & hot tub all year round at £40 per week or £20 per short break, payable direct to owner on arrival (use is by direct arrangement with owner)
- Decked balcony area with furniture & BBQ
- Ample off road parking
- One well-behaved dog welcome at £10 per week
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop & pub 2 miles
- Note: There is a railway line approx
- 250 metres from the cottage, some noise is audible when trains pass
- Note: The Byre is accessed via 2 flights of approx
- 9 steps.
About the location
Brampton 2 miles; Hadrian's Wall 2 miles; Carlisle 11 miles.
The small rural village of Milton is ideally placed for exploring northern Cumbria, including not-to-be-missed Hadrian's Wall, the lovely coastline of the Solway Firth and the dramatic northern Lake District National Park. The nearby market town of Brampton has a rich and colourful history going back to the Roman occupation, Border raiders from Scotland and the Jacobite uprisings. Bonnie Prince Charlie established his headquarters in one of the old buildings in Brampton, which is now a shop. A few miles outside Brampton is Talkin Tarn Country Park. It covers 180 acres, 65 of which make up the Tarn, a 10,000 year old glacial lake, fed by underwater springs. Further south is Gelt Woods which is an ancient woodland with the River Gelt running through. A superb base for exploring this historic and scenically beautiful area.
- Last minute