- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Kirkby Lonsdale 2 miles.
A perfect country cottage situated in the charming hamlet of Nether Burrow, with rolling countryside right from the doorstep and alongside the sweeping River Lune to explore.
This exquisite cottage is perfect for anyone wishing to explore the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales or the Forest of Bowland.
As soon as you step inside this cosy 18th century, stone-built, terraced cottage, you will be enchanted by the charming furnishings and original features, including a delightful sitting room boasting an original feature window with pretty criss-cross panels, a warming log fire, comfortable sofas and pretty furnishings; a perfect place to relax with a glass of wine.
The spacious farmhouse-style kitchen has views out to the beautiful cottage garden which has a delightful summerhouse and patio.
Upstairs at this cottage near Kirkby Lonsdale are two excellent bedrooms, both tastefully presented to ensure a perfect night’s sleep.
Within a very short walk is an excellent pub serving locally-produced food and original cask ales.
A visit to Kirkby Lonsdale to explore the quaint yards and ginnels will reveal some inviting shops and cafes, plus some excellent restaurants to sample.
With the southern shores of Lake Windermere within a 35 minute drive and the Yorkshire Dales equally as close by, this perfect little Kirkby Lonsdale cottage makes a great base at any time of the year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, power shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and folding bed available
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lawned garden with patio, summerhouse, furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops 2 miles, pub/bistro 2 mins walk
- Last minute
- “Perfect cottage holiday”
- “From the moment we arrived at Woodbine Cottage we felt at home. There was a welcome pack for us on arrival with bread, milk, etc. The cottage is decorated beautifully and was spotlessly clean. The weather was so good, we had breakfast in the garden...so peaceful. Lots of places locally to visit and a the great town of Kirkby Lonsdale is only 5 minutes away. Can highly recommend for anyone who wants to visit the lakes/Yorkshire dales. Can't wait to return.”
- “Perfect cottage holiday”
- “From the moment we arrived at Woodbine Cottage we felt at home. There was a welcome pack for us on arrival with bread, milk, etc. The cottage is decorated beautifully and was spotlessly clean. The weather was so good, we had breakfast in the garden....so peaceful. Lots of places locally to visit and a the great town of Kirkby Lonsdale is only 5 minutes away. Can highly recommend for anyone who wants to visit the lakes/Yorkshire dales. Can't wait to return.”
- “It was cosy and comfortable with a nice garden and good car parking.”
- “Excellent location. A very clean and comfortable property in a lovely area with a relaxing, pretty garden. Had excellent facilities, a thoughtful welcome pack and helpful friendly owners. Would love to stay here again later in the year.”
- “We had a great time at Woodbine Cottage. The garden was a big hit with my little boy and we were blessed with good weather. Overall the cottage was beautifully presented and proved to be a fantastic home from home.”
- “Liked it all really, the fire meant it was warm and cosy, the kitchen and bathroom were clean and new. Games and DVD's were provided.”
- “The cottage is very close to the lovely town of Kirkby Lonsdale which was handy for shopping. Set in beautiful countryside.”
- “The neighbours we met were friendly, warm and welcoming. Woodbine Cottage is ideally situated for exploring the area There is a great selection of literature to help with this.There is also a good selection of DVDs, books and games.From the moment we entered the Cottage we noticed how clean it was and there was a welcome pack of Gingerbread, tea, coffee and milk. Thank you for this lovely touch. To cut a long story short....Woodbine Cottage is truly wonderful. The summerhouse and garden are a nice relaxing place to sit on a warm summers evening. I can understand why the owners fell in love with Woodbine Cottage. We had a brilliant time there.”
- “Spotless cottage and very homely.”
- “Woodbine Cottage was a delight. It was beautifully appointed and a real home from home. We had an excellent stay in a beautiful cottage in an excellent location. What more can we say. Superb.”
About the location
Kendal 9 miles.
An attractive market town, Kirkby Lonsdale is situated in the heart of the Lune Valley, midway between the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District. The town was mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086, and holds a 13th century Market Charter. Nowadays, Thursday is market day, a perfect opportunity for visitors to explore the variety of distinctive shops in the town, or the many 17th and 18th century buildings which still stand. This part of the Lune Valley was a favourite haunt of the artist Turner, and was made famous by Ruskin – his "view" of the valley is still spectacular. The medieval Devil’s Bridge spans the river, and the quiet country lanes are ideal for exploring by car, bike, or even horse. There are three golf courses nearby, as well as tennis, riding, fishing and a variety of riverside and country walks, making the area an ideal location for a break, whatever time of year.