- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Kirkby Lonsdale 3.5 miles. This 17th century cottage, in the small hamlet of Lupton, is close to the lovely market town of Kirkby Lonsdale and is ideally placed for visiting the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District. A cosy, character cottage with spectacular views across open countryside, this Kirkby Lonsdale cottage is ideally situated in the small hamlet of Lupton between the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales. This charming property provides bright and airy accommodation and boasts a cosy but spacious sitting room with an open fire and many original features, including an historic cooking range and beamed ceilings, a well-equipped kitchen and three delightful bedrooms. The colourful market town of Kirkby Lonsdale is just seven minutes' drive away with its fantastic shops and restaurants scattered around the ancient market square, together with the stunning Devils' Bridge. With easy access to both the beautiful national parks of the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales, this cottage near Kirkby Lonsdale is perfectly placed for exploring this fascinating area, including the caves at White Scar, Ingleton. This character Kirkby Lonsdale cottage is a perfect base at any time of the year.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 2 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast table. Utility. Sitting room with dining area and open fire.
Oil central heating with open fire. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, WiFi. Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 3 cars. Front lawned garden with furniture. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 3 miles, pub 1.5 miles. Note: Located down a private lane off the A65, children and pets to be supervised. Note: Check-in 3.30pm, check-out: 10.30am.
- Last minute
- “Fab Cottage”
- “This is a brilliant cottage in a marvellous location so central for visiting Dales and the Lakes.We really cannot fault it,super welcome pack and spotlessly clean.10/10 for everything? By the way we had no issues with the WIFI anywhere in the property.”
- “Great location and outstanding hospitality”
- “Wonderful, spacious cosy house in a secluded location, although near the main road. We were made to feel very welcome by the owners who live in the adjoining property. They helped us and gave us advice when needed, but did not interfere at all! The house is dog (and cat!) friendly with an outer utility room where we could set up our own cage for the dog and keep all our muddy walking boots from messing up the house. The house is home from home, with everything you could want! It was a pleasure to cook and we enjoyed the open fire in the evenings. There are lots of walks nearby. The limestone pavement and crags are just fantastic and even though we went during the Easter week, it was not crowded at all, unlike the Lakes. The only downside was that with 3 teenagers, we expected better wifi coverage than was actually possible. The wifi only works in a small corner of the house and is very slow indeed. This did not detract from the house overall though, which we thoroughly enjoyed. We loved our time at Hornbarrow, which went far too quickly.”
- “Absolutely perfect”
- “The owners are very welcoming, the cottage well equipped and very clean, location is perfect for visiting both the Lake District and Yorkshire dales and for the week was an absolute bargain, will definitely consider visiting again later in the year as still so many good walks local to the cottage.”
- “Perfect position between the Dales and the Lakes. We were made to feel extremely welcome at the cottage.”
- “We have visited at least two cottages every year for the past 10 years and this cottage would feature in our top 3. The owners were very helpful, the cottage was well equipped and extremely clean. Thank you for a great holiday!”
- “The cottage was homely, we had the log fire on which also made it cosy. The owners were very friendly and the surrounding areas were beautiful.”
- “The cottage and location were lovely. Although next to a main road it was very quiet in the cottage and the fields around were so beautiful. It was a good location to get to the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales and the local area was very dog friendly.”
- “This cottage provided everything we needed to celebrate a ruby wedding and a 60th birthday as a family. Great location and excellent support from the owners.”
- “The owners were very welcoming, the cottage was very clean and had everything that was needed, fresh flowers and a cake was going the extra mile and having all the basics in the kitchen and bathroom made it home from home. Often when going away having the owners next door can put you off but we didn't really notice they were there and when we did see them they were very pleasant.”
- “Fantastic cottage. I feel that it should be five star. Would recommend to everyone! The downstairs toilet was perfect, the crockery and cutlery were top range. Overall comment - Perfect. Well done Sykes for finding a wonderful farmhouse.”
About the location
Kirkby Lonsdale 4 miles; Kendal 8 miles.
Peacefully located amongst the South Cumbrian countryside, the small hamlet of Lupton consists of a scattering of dwellings and rural farms and enjoys beautiful views of nearby Farleton Knott and the distant Lakeland Fells. Hutton Roof Crags Nature Reserve is also nearby and boasts one of the most impressive areas of limestone habitat in Britain, whilst being home to a wide variety of butterflies, birds and plant life. The ancient market town of Kirkby Lonsdale, with its attractive 17th and 18th Century architecture and famous Devil's Bridge is within easy reach, offering a variety of distinctive shops and a good selection of fine pubs and restaurants. With the historic, Cumbrian town of Kendal, the picturesque Lune Valley and the charming villages of Arnside, Sedbergh and Settle all within easy touring distance, this ideal location makes a great base for exploring this lovely region!