- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Games Room
A deluxe penthouse apartment, in the wing of a Grade II listed, Jacobean mansion on the edge of the pretty village of Orton.
Superbly located in 5 acres of mature woods and parkland, this charming property has been renovated to retain much original character, including a wealth of beautiful beams and some exposed stonework, and provides quality accommodation.
The delightful open plan living area combines these traditional features with modern amenities, whilst the property also boasts a large, beamed bedroom and a lavish bathroom with corner bath.
Enjoy a glass of champagne in the cupola whilst taking in the panoramic views over Orton Fell and the surrounding countryside, or relax in the magnificent oak-panelled Great Hall, with its cosy fire and grand piano.
There are excellent mountain biking and fell walking opportunities from the doorstep and Wainwright's famous Coast to Coast Walk runs nearby.
The perfect location for a romantic break.
All second floor. One king-size double bedroom. Bathroom with corner bath with shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fully-fitted kitchen, dining area and spacious sitting area with stairs leading to cupola/viewing turret. Communal utility room (leading off Great Hall).
- Electric central heating with storage heaters
- Double electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer in communal utility room (£1 per wash, £1 per dry), widescreen TV, DVD, CD player/cassette/radio etc, small library of books
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Shared use of communal Great Hall with cosy fire and games room
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Lawned communal grounds with patio, garden chairs and BBQ area
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 10 mins walk, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: This property does not accept children
- Note: Check in 4pm, check out 11am.
About the location
Kendal 12 miles; Penrith 12 miles; Kirkby Stephen 12 miles; Keswick 25 miles.
The charming old village of Orton sits in a secluded position on the eastern fringe of the Lake District National Park. Along with its better-known neighbours of Kendal, Sedbergh and Appleby-in-Westmorland, the area is surrounded by lovely rolling countryside and beautiful scenery. Above the village sits Orton Scar, a limestone hill, used in days gone by to warn the village of Scottish raiders and popular today with walkers. The village centre has an imposing 16th century church, local pub serving good food, a Post Office/shop and the famous handmade chocolate shop and tearoom. A lovely village green surrounded by 17th and 18th Century cottages adds to its charm and there is a farmers’ market in the village square on the second Saturday of every month. Take a short drive and discover the unspoilt lake of Haweswater, or take advantage of the excellent road links to the Lake District, the Eden Valley and the Yorkshire Dales.