- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
A perfect holiday cottage with a secluded walled garden in Pooley Bridge on the edge of Ullswater, one of the prettiest villages in the Lake District, within walking distance of the village pubs and shops.
This charming Ullswater cottage has two bedrooms, with lovely views from the double room over the fields to the Lakeland fells beyond.
The spacious kitchen of this Ullswater cottage is well equipped and has lovely farmhouse-style touches.
The cosy sitting room has a door leading out to the pretty cottage-style garden, where guests at this Pooley Bridge cottage can enjoy the sunshine whilst planning their day's activities.
The sitting room also offers a warming open fire to enjoy on a cool evening.
Situated in the midst of the village of Pooley Bridge, guests can walk down to the lake shore and enjoy the magnificent views down the lake.
The Ullswater Steamer departs from the head of the lake, cruising down Ullswater to Glenridding.
There are also beautiful and romantic walks available from the doorstep, and for the more adventurous, there is always the notorious Striding Edge and Helvellyn!
Driving down the valley alongside the lake takes you through Watermillock and Patterdale on to the Kirkstone Pass, the gateway into Ambleside and Windermere.
With spectacular views in every direction, this cosy Pooley Bridge cottage is perfect at any time of the year.
Note: This property is 300 yards away from Ref.
923874, together they sleep 8.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with TV, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Enclosed garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Everything was there and in immaculate order. We liked the situation. The owners were very friendly and helpful.”
- “Liked the comfortable accommodation and the area, which was central to other locations in the area.”
- “Great base in a really nice village right next to Ullswater. The beds were really comfy and the kitchen had everything I needed to cook for a family of 3.”
- “Mews Cottage is a lovely property. The owner is a really lovely host, my mum and I really enjoyed our stay.”
- “An excellent location close to the village centre. Mews Cottage was very comfortable with good quality furniture and bedding etc.”
- “Very friendly and helpful owners. Beautiful landscape and nice village with all the necessary shops etc. in walking distance.”
- “Very comfortable and well positioned to get out and about. Very comfy double bed! Thanks.”
- “There was a nice friendly welcome from the owner and the property had a nice feel as we went in. We really enjoyed our holiday and we hope to return in the future.”
- “Friendly welcome from owners, excellent facilities, convenient location and access to Ullswater.”
- “The location of Mews Cottage was brilliant; 2 minutes to the side of the lake and within easy reach of other lakeside towns. Cottage was really cosy with plenty of hot water. It was spotlessly clean and very comfortable.”
About the location
Penrith 6 miles.
The picturesque village of Pooley Bridge sits on the northerly edge of Lake Ullswater in the Lake District National Park. The name Pooley came to be due to the forming of a large pool, which was left by the fast flowing River Eamont, and the word Bridge was later added when a bridge, which is now 250 years old, was built over the river. Pooley Bridge has many traditional inns and tempting tea rooms, plus the Ullswater Steamers depart from the village, from where a tranquil cruise down the lake to the villages of Glenridding and Howtown can be enjoyed. There are numerous walks with breathtaking views nearby, plus a short walk up to Dunmallard Hill reveals fascinating Iron-Age remains, whilst the towns of Penrith and Keswick are within driving distance. Pooley Bridge is an ideal base for a cottage holiday stay in the stunning Lake District.