“Very welcoming hosts. Good ...”Very welcoming hosts. Good directions to property and accurate descriptions of facilities . Excellently located for sightseeing. Very tranquil and relaxing.
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
A delightful, stone-built semi-detached cottage, in a tranquil area just below the brow of Stoup Hill on the outskirts of Ravenstonedale, 5 miles from Kirkby Stephen.
Part of the owners' 18th century farmhouse, this charming cottage has been lovingly restored to offer cosy, comfortable accommodation.
The property retains many original features, including exposed beams, an original bread oven and cooking fireplace, now housing a multi-fuel stove, and stone steps leading to the first floor.
Relax in the large garden or enjoy stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
Discover the Settle-Carlisle Railway line, Howgill Fells, the Yorkshire Dales and Lake District National Parks.
A superb holiday base.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with basin, 1 x family room with 1 double and 1 single bunk over. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with multi-fuel stove and dining area.
- Radiators fuelled by multi-fuel stove in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, TV, DVD, CD/radio, small library of books and games
- Laundry room with washing machine, tumble dryer and drying rail
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Large, enclosed lawned garden with patio furniture (BBQ available)
- Separate play area for football and other games
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 5 miles, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: Stairs in property are steep and winding with a rope handrail - may be unsuitable for less mobile
- Note: Stouphill Gate B&B is next door with 2 en-suite bedrooms (one with disabled friendly facility) at additional charge
- These can be rented with the cottage to provide additional accommodation for larger groups - contact owners for details.
About the location
Kirkby Stephen 5 miles; Sedbergh 10 miles.
The tranquil village of Ravenstonedale lies at the foot of the Howgill Fells, quietly situated within the newly extended Yorkshire Dales National Park. A delightful rural village with a thriving local community and many traditional old dwellings, Ravenstonedale boasts a charming Parish Church and the remains of the old Gilbertine Priory. Hill farming is the principal means of income in the area and an agricultural show is still held once a year, echoing days gone by when both markets and fairs were held in the village. Once described by the famous author, A Wainwright, as one of Westmorland’s loveliest villages, the area boasts many walking, horse riding and cycling routes, whilst the nearby attractions provide something for everybody. Visit the Settle to Carlisle Railway Line, the magnificent Howgill Fells and the stunning Yorkshire Dales and Lake District National Parks. A superb location at any time of the year.
Note: Radiators fuelled by multi-fuel stove in sitting room.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute