“Bright spacious apartment”We a family of four and one dog stayed here for three nights. Nice flat with everything you need. Great views from all rooms makes it bright and airy. The downstairs restaurant is a must too.
- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful, well-presented first floor apartment in the hamlet of Sandside, 1.2 miles from the market town of Milnthorpe.
Located opposite the estuary shoreline of the River Kent, above the Kingfisher Restaurant, this fabulous, bright and airy apartment boasts spectacular views of the estuary and onto the Lakeland fells.
After a day out and about exploring the area, why not relax with a refreshing drink, whilst admiring the stunning sunsets through the large picture windows in the sitting room?
The kitchen/diner also makes use of the views and provides the perfect place for a morning coffee, and there are three roomy bedrooms, including one with an en-suite, along with a separate bathroom.
Give the chef in your party a night off and pop downstairs to the restaurant below the apartment, which serves fresh fish, meat dishes and Sunday lunch.
Along the shorefront from the apartment, you can walk or cycle along the old railway line now a walk way to Arnside, and once in the village why not enjoy lunch from the renowned fish and chip shop?
Just over a mile away is the market town of Milnthorpe, which has a selection of shops and pubs, and also worth visiting is the nearby village of Beetham, which has a tea room, shop and pub.
You can also catch the train from Arnside to the elegant Edwardian town of Grange-over-Sands, or visit wonderful Windermere which is only a 30 minute drive away.
This lovely apartment is an ideal place to stay all year round.
All first floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room.
- Gas central heating with underfloor heating in en-suite shower room
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Allocated off road parking for 1 car in restaurant car park, plus roadside parking for additional cars behind the apartment
- Shared patio with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub 2 mins walk
- Note: This apartment is situated above the Kingfisher Restaurant
- Note: There’s an internal staircase to reach the property, therefore it may not be suitable for guests with limited mobility
- Note: Food from the restaurant below available at a discounted rate
- Note: This apartment is next to a B road, some associated noise maybe heard
About the location
Milnthorpe 1.2 miles; Beetham 2 miles; Arnside 2.5 miles; Kendal 10 miles.
The hamlet of Sandside is situated on the estuary shoreline of the River Kent, within the Arnside and Silverdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, 1.2 miles from the small market town of Milnthorpe. With beautiful walks from Sandside, the hamlet has a pub, which is believed to date back to 1671, along with the Kingfisher Restaurant. Close by is Milnthorpe, which was once an important medieval market town, where today you will find narrow lanes and historic buildings, along with a selection of shops and pubs. Also within reach is the former fishing port of Arnside, which has a beautiful pier and to the south of the village are the 15th century Peel Towers, which were constructed to defend against the marauding Scots. There’s plenty to see and do in the area, including the Lakeland Wildlife Oasis, Dallam Tower, Levens Hall, Leighton Hall, the Leighton Moss RSPB Reserve and Sizergh Castle. The Lake District, Lune Valley, Yorkshire Dales and Forest of Bowland can also be reached making Sandside an excellent base for exploring the area.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute