- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
A pretty, semi-detached cottage, on the edge of the old village of Scales, just a mile from the sea and 4 miles from the ever-popular market town of Ulverston.
This charming Scales cottage provides warm, welcoming accommodation, with a spacious sitting room, cosy multi-fuel stove, two delightful bedrooms and a small, well-equipped kitchen with useful porch area.
In a quiet and peaceful area, with fabulous Lakeland countryside and the beautiful beaches and coastline of the Furness Estuary on the very doorstep, this Scales holiday cottage is close to the festival town of Ulverston, with its many pubs and restaurants and bi-weekly market, whilst the sandy beaches of the Furness coast and Coniston, with its mountain biking, climbing and watersports, are just a short drive away.
With Eskdale Railway, the World of Beatrix Potter and the fabulous Lake District National Park all within easy reach, this is a wonderful holiday location and a welcoming Scales cottage, any time of year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin & WC. Kitchen leading to front porch. Sitting room with dining area & multi-fuel stove.
- Central heating system fuelled by boiler fed from multi-fuel stove plus electric heater and immersion heater
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV, DVD player
- Fuel, power & starter pack of wood for multi-fuel stove inc. in rent (additional fuel available locally)
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair on request
- Off road parking for two cars
- Small front garden, patio area with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops 4 miles
- Pub 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “A well equipped cottage in a peaceful location.”
- “We stayed in Beech Cottage over the February Half Term Holiday. We arrived late on Friday evening and were delighted to find the fire was lit, there was fresh milk in the fridge, and tea and coffee on the worktop in the kitchen, all we needed to do was boil the kettle! The fuel was included, the cottage was warm, clean and well equipped. We had a fantastic stay and would recommened the property to anyone wanting a quiet break.”
- “Quiet and friendly”
- “The cottage is in a very quiet and friendly village. The perfect place to rest and relax which was what I needed and our dog had a lovely time on the walks.”
- “Lovely village and position but you need a car”
- “Had a lovely relaxing stay nice and central to see other areas providing you have a car.”
- “vera good”
- “we had a great time there in a lovely cottage, nice surroundings and a beautiful coutryside ahead”
- “This cottage is in a small village and the neighbours are very friendly. It is very peaceful and well located. An ideal base for days out and quiet evenings”
About the location
Ulverston 4 miles.
Originating from the Norse word for huts, the small village of Scales quietly rests on the Cumbrian peninsula providing a great base from which to explore this lovely area. The ancient market town of Ulverston is just 4 miles away and whilst many Lakeland destinations have been developed beyond recognition, Ulverston still has an authentic feel and community spirit. The town boasts a street market every Thursday and Saturday and many festivals throughout the year, whilst being renowned as the birthplace of Stan Laurel and home to the only Laurel and Hardy museum in the world! With all the attractions of the Cumbrian National Park and the Furness Coast with its sandy beaches and good bird watching within easy reach, and the nearby family attractions of the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway, the South Lakes Wild Animal Park and Muncaster Castle, this great area has plenty to offer!