- Off road parking
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful end-terrace, stone-built cottage situated in the centre of the popular market town of Settle.
This Settle cottage is full of character and charm and provides an ideal romantic retreat within the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
This Settle cottage features an open plan living area with a well-equipped kitchen, dining area and sitting area, along with a wooden staircase leading to the first floor.
The spacious double bedroom benefits from a TV with Sky and a vanity wash basin with en-suite shower room which has a spacious walk-in shower.
This Settle cottage is ideal for couples who want to spend time in a vibrant Yorkshire Dales village, which boasts many interesting old pubs, a market square and many fine walks into beautiful countryside.
Castleberg Rock lies directly behind this Settle cottage and provides excellent walks and rock climbing.
The Settle to Carlisle Railway line is close to your Settle cottage and is renowned for being one of the most scenic railway routes in Britain.
With the whole of the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District within easy driving distance, this Settle cottage is a lovely holiday home all year round.
One double bedroom with TV with Sky and basin and en-suite walk-in shower and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner effect electric fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire in the sitting area
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, 2 x TVs (one with Sky, one with Freeview), DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and CDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Free off road parking for 1 car in rugby club car park, 290 yards away
- Loading/unloading available outside property
- Free parking for 2hrs/day available in Market Place
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 1 min walk
- Settle railway station 200 yards
- Note: There is an interconnecting locked door leading to the owner's property
- Note: The front door of this property opens directly onto the pavement
- Note: There is no garden at this property.
About the location
Malham 6 miles; Skipton 17 miles; Kendal 25 miles.
The bustling market town of Settle lies at the south west rim of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, nestled beside the largest outcrop of limestone in Britain - a region of scars, cliffs, caves and potholes - amongst some of the most picturesque scenery in North Yorkshire. Tuesday is market day in Settle, when the square is filled with stalls offering a wide variety of crafts and goods. The market place is surrounded by local businesses, the centre being dominated by The Shambles, an historic three storey building with shops on two levels and houses above, and the Town Hall. There is a good selection of restaurants and pubs and a public swimming pool. The Victoria Hall has entertainment and other activities such as folk nights throughout the year. The famous Settle-Carlisle Railway crosses some of the most beautiful and inspiring upland scenery in the country. Natural attractions such as Malham Cove and Gordale Scar are within easy reach, as are the nearby Dales towns of Skipton and Malham. Settle is in the midst of excellent walking country and is a good base for touring the Dales, the Lake District and the Forest of Bowland.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute