- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A magnificent Grade II listed, stone-built, detached cottage situated within the grounds of Skirwith Abbey in the small village of Skirwith, eight miles from Penrith in the beautiful Eden Valley.
This superb Skirwith cottage, situated on a dairy farm, has many fine and delightful features and has been restored to provide wonderful, spacious accommodation for families.
This cottage near Penrith offers four excellent bedrooms, two of which boast en-suite facilities, whilst the lovely first floor sitting room has an open fire set into a feature fireplace.
Completing the accommodation is a first floor kitchen with dining area and ground floor bathroom with freestanding bath.
Outside this Penrith cottage is an enclosed, walled lawned garden with furniture and views across the adjacent parkland.
There are many quaint Cumbrian villages to explore in the area, as well as an array of interesting walks, cycling and day trip opportunities.
You can travel on the famous Settle-Carlisle railway which crosses the Ribblehead Viaduct, whilst passing through some of the most spectacular scenery in the country, and the beautiful Lake District National Park is also within easy reach with Ullswater, the second largest lake, just a twenty minute drive away.
The pretty village of Pooley Bridge sits on the shores of the lake and boat trips are available on the Ullswater Steamer, or why not hire a rowing boat and take a picnic in order to make the most of the inspiring surroundings?
This quality Skirwith cottage is a very special place to stay, at any time of the year.
Four bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite bath, basin and WC, 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 2 x ground floor super king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request). Ground floor bathroom with freestanding bath, separate shower, basin and WC. First floor basin and WC. First floor kitchen with dining area. First floor utility. First floor sitting room with open fire.
- Biomass central heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books
- Fuel, power and fuel for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Ample off road parking
- Bike storage
- Enclosed, lawned garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pubs 3.5 miles
- Note: The owners live on site
- Note: Check-in 4pm, check-out 10am
- Last minute
- “The house was spacious and comfortable, perfect for large parties of guests including young children where they were safe yet not restrictive. The location is beautiful, very tranquil and set in lovely countryside.”
- “A fantastic cottage in a lovely, very rural location.”
- “The position of the property is superb. The surrounding countryside is beautiful and within easy access of the other Eden Valley villages. A very peaceful place. We were very impressed by the property and it was ideal for the 8 of us as each couple had a high spec bedroom and we had plenty of space in the kitchen and living room.”
- “This was the finest holiday home we have ever rented and we have rented many. It was 5 star all the way! Roomy, beautiful surrounds and every detail was provided.”
- “The location and brows were fantastic. The owner was really friendly and helpful. The cottage was furnished to a very high standard, a lot of thought had gone into the needs of the guests, couldn't fault it. Would definitely return.”
- “This was an excellent well kept cottage with a high level of facility within. Highly recommended.”
- “All excellent, with very accommodating owners.”
- “From start to finish the holiday cottage gave us everything we needed. In a perfect location with spacious rooms and excellent facilities. A highlight was the lovely open fire, perfect for this time of year! We would definitely recommend this house to all our friends and family.”
- “It was a convenient location for a small family get together to celebrate my parents diamond wedding. We only had a weekend so not too much exploring outside but the comfortable feeling within Park House Cottage meant we all relaxed and had fun together. Everyone enjoyed the bathrooms/showers and it was good to have all the rooms of an equivalent high standard. No one was in a box room!! We all enjoyed our stay.”
- “The House was very well furnished, consumables, for example; washing powder, tablets and loo paper were all supplied and there was a first aid kit provided so you didn't need to be running about trying to source them. Small things but they take away problems and let you relax more. The walled garden outside was a nice sun trap and our 3 year old could play to her hearts delight. There are cattle in the field next to it and she enjoyed them coming over.”
- “A beautiful cottage in a gorgeous location. The garden was enclosed to allow a safe area for children to play in while adults relaxed on the lovely furniture.”
About the location
Penrith 8 miles.
Located at the foot of Crossfell, the small village of Skirwith is situated in the wonderful Eden Valley, within easy reach of Penrith and close to the stunning Lake District National Park. Made up of a cluster of houses, Skirwith also has a village green and a beck running through its centre. The River Eden runs nearby and the area boasts trout and salmon fishing, as well as walks, cycling, canoeing and climbing. Long Meg and her daughters (the 3rd largest stone circle in England) is close by, as is the market town of Penrith with its sandstone buildings, specialist shops, pubs and restaurants. Hadrian's Wall and the historic city of Carlisle are within driving distance, or why not discover the stunning scenery of both the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales National Parks? Skirwith is a lovely base for a holiday in this area.