- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
An immaculately-presented, ground floor 17th century cottage, located in the charming Lakeland village of Staveley in the Lake District National Park.
Fox Barn is nestled into the hillside on a quiet country lane opposite the weir, with the fells beckoning right from the doorstep, and is a five minute riverside stroll from the centre of Staveley.
Superbly appointed throughout to provide comfortable accommodation, this Staveley cottage is ideal for families and friends who wish to enjoy time together in one of the most picturesque parts of the country.
This charming Lake District cottage has been furnished to a high standard, with two spacious bedrooms and an open plan living area, with the added benefit of a family bathroom with shower bath and underfloor heating.
Outside, this Lake District cottage has a south-facing patio area overlooking a quiet country lane.
With seating, a barbecue and a chiminea, this is the perfect place to relax and watch the world go by.
The village of Staveley offers a whole host of amenities, including Staveley Mill Yard with its cycle hire, outdoor shops, artisan bakery and brewery, while the beautiful Kentmere Valley is just a short walk away and is very popular with mountain bikers and walkers.
The scenery in the area is truly breathtaking, with Bowness-on-Windermere, Ambleside and Lake Windermere all within a short drive.
This Staveley cottage is perfectly located for enjoying your Lake District holiday at any time of the year.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request), 1 x double. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire. Utility.
Gas central heating with electric fire. Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, DAB radio, WiFi. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair. Roadside parking directly outside cottage. South-facing front patio with furniture, BBQ and chiminea. Two well-behaved pets welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 5 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Fox barn is the ideal holiday retreat, Staveley is a beautiful village, and Fox barn is perfectly placed to miss any noise, but close to the village hub.”
- “A very clean and surprisingly spacious property. Convenient to all local sites and roads. Plenty of information to advise where to go and what to see. Would come again.”
- “Location, WiFi was excellent, good TV and lots of games, books and local information with map and walks.”
- “Quiet location. Easy access to all sites that we wished to visit. Dog friendly, lots of doggie stuff in case you forgot them (towel, bags). Nice beds, good quality bedding. Lots of nice towels (and of a good size).”
- “A good location and a lot of helpful information was available in the cottage.”
- “We really appreciated the detailed folders full of maps for walks and local food ideas. The dog folder was really helpful too. The kids loved the games cupboard, fishing nets and chalk board. The cottage was a cosy, comfortable holiday base and the layout made for easy family life. The really lovely owners truly care about you having a great break. Staveley is a great base; really peaceful, friendly and an untouristy foodie paradise. It was just a short scenic walk along the river to great cafes/pub, delicious bakery and brewery.”
- “A lovely place in a good location, definitely going to book Fox Barn again.”
- “A wonderful village with amazing bakery and brewery. A very practical base for exploring The Lakes or, with so much to do on the doorstep, staying local. The folders in the cottage were very useful, packed with info on walks and places of interest. We loved the cosy cottage and it was the perfect 'home from home' for a family living on opposite ends of the country to meet up and suited everyone in our group (spanning 73 years to 13 months). Thanks to the owners for their care in making sure we had everything we needed. Would heartily recommend.”
- “Fantastic property and the landlord/landlady were amazing with any additional info etc.”
- “Very thoughtfully equipped cottage, I particularly liked the box of useful items for guests with dogs and the toy box for babies and toddlers. The fantastic supply of books and DVDs was very welcome for days when the weather is not so good. The standard of the information folders for things to do, local walks and places to eat was much better than in other cottages I have rented in the past. Overall the cottage was cosy and clean and the owners had made every effort to make guests feel very welcome, including those with dogs and/or young children.”
- “Liked the position of Fox Barn in a real working village; Staveley had all the facilities we needed and there are very friendly people. Good walks and scenery just outside the door. Good bus service also in the village. Enjoyed our stay and found the owner very helpful. Would recommended both Fox Barn and the area.”
- “We particularly liked the location of Fox Barn. Close to village but very quiet. The cottage was very welcoming and comfortable and was well equipped for self catering. Extras like walking folder with detailed information was much used and appreciated. Residents of the village were so friendly and helpful and added so much to our enjoyment. We felt as if we were one of the community. Our special thanks to the owners for their welcome bottle of champagne to celebrate as we were the first guests under their ownership of Fox Barn. I would say that we had a 5 star holiday in Staveley.”
About the location
Windermere 5 miles; Kendal 5 miles.
The thriving Lakeland village of Staveley is situated on the eastern fringes of the Lake District National Park and offers superb access to the whole region. The beautiful Kentmere Valley is just a short walk away and with the River Kent tumbling its way through the valley to Staveley, it is very popular with mountain bikers and walkers alike. Staveley Mill Yard is a former wood turning mill at the heart of the village, which is now a thriving tourist attraction with cycle hire and outdoor shops, cookery school, artisan bakery, brewery, the renowned Wilf's Cafe and an award-winning Indian restaurant. This complements the excellent range of amenities in the village, which include a variety of shops, two village pubs, craft shops, a children's playground, a regular bus service and a railway station. Close by, the bustling towns of Kendal, Windermere, Bowness and Ambleside are popular with visitors, providing a range of amenities to suit all tastes. Lake Windermere offers boat trips, including a ferry to the Lakeside Aquarium and Grizedale Forest Park. The 'Windermere Steamboat Museum' displays a fascinating collection of boats whilst children will enjoy the 'World of Beatrix Potter' in Bowness, where technology brings her characters to life. Within easy reach of Coniston Water, Kendal, Keswick and the Lakeland Mountains, Staveley is ideally situated for exploring all that the region has to offer.