- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
A delightful, stone-built, terraced cottage in the rural hamlet of Tindale Fell, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty just five miles from Brampton and seven miles from Hadrian's Wall.
Fully renovated, this beautiful Brampton cottage makes a first class holiday home for those looking to get away from it all and enjoy the peace and tranquillity of this unspoilt area.
This Brampton cottage features a spacious farmhouse kitchen with magnificent woodburning stove, a cosy sitting room with another woodburning stove, a ground floor bedroom and cloakroom, and two spacious first floor bedrooms with adjoining en-suite facilities.
Outside this cottage near Brampton, a private garden and small patio provide ideal areas for dining alfresco, whilst the lovely views across the nearby pasture and long-distance views across the Haltwhistle valley will delight in all weathers.
For those looking to tackle magnificent Hadrian's Wall, or explore the North Pennines, this superb Brampton cottage is an ideal retreat to enjoy country living at its very finest.
Three bedrooms: 1 x ground floor single, 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x super king-size double (hook/link, can be twin by prior arrangement) with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC (also accessed via the landing). Kitchen with dining area and woodburning stove. Utility/cloakroom with basin and WC. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Electric central heating with woodburning stoves
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD player, CD player, library of books and games
- Electricity charged by meter reading (first £10 inc. in rent)
- Starter pack for stoves inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Parking for 2 cars in private gravel parking area
- Garden with furniture and small patio overlooking the pasture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Medium-sized built-in dog kennel provided in hallway
- Large dog crate provided, dog towel provided, please bring own pet bedding
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops 4 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: Check-in at this property is 4.30pm.
About the location
Brampton 5 miles; Hadrian's Wall 7 miles; Carlisle 16 miles.
The small rural hamlet of Tindale Fell sits astride a small hill overlooking an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. A beautiful and undiscovered area with outstanding walks onto lovely fells with old cairns and awe-inspiring views of heathland, heather and gorse strewn hillsides. Ideally placed for exploring northern Cumbria, including not-to-be-missed Hadrian's Wall, the lovely coastline of the Solway Firth and the dramatic northern Lake District National Park. The nearby market town of Brampton has a rich and colourful history going back to the Roman occupation, Border raiders from Scotland and the Jacobite uprisings. Bonnie Prince Charlie established his headquarters in one of the old buildings in Brampton, which is now a shop. A few miles outside Brampton is Talkin Tarn Country Park. It covers 180 acres, 65 of which make up the Tarn, a 10,000 year old glacial lake, fed by underwater springs. Further south is Gelt Woods which is an ancient woodland with the River Gelt running through. A superb base for exploring this historic and scenically beautiful area.
- Last minute