- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful, stone-built, detached cottage, located in the centre of Tosside, just six miles from the market town of Settle.
Split over three levels, fully-renovated and individually-styled, this Tosside cottage has been transformed from former farm buildings to provide compact and well-thought-out accommodation.
Nestled on the border of North Yorkshire and Lancashire, this Tosside cottage makes the perfect retreat for couples or small groups of friends or families wishing to get away from it all and simply relax.
This Tosside cottage features two charming king-size double bedrooms boasting lovely views of the village.
There is a modern shower room on the ground floor, accessed through the stylish, well-equipped kitchen, boasting attractive bespoke features and a beautiful stone floor.
On the lower ground floor, down two steps from the kitchen, you will find a delightful sitting room kept cosy thanks to a warming woodburning stove.
There is also a small dining area where you can sit and discuss the day’s adventures over delicious, home-cooked meals, and an open plan staircase leading up to the bedrooms.
Outside this Tosside cottage, there is a lovely private patio where you can sit and enjoy a glass of your favourite tipple on warm summer evenings, recharge the batteries, and enjoy life in the Dales at its finest.
The surrounding area is wonderful for walking and cycling, with lovely footpaths leading right from the doorstep of this Tosside cottage, and the Gisburn Forest Mountain Bike Trails are close by, where cyclists of all abilities can enjoy a brilliant day out!
The excellent pub next door offers fine ale and an excellent menu, the ideal haunt for walkers after a day out exploring this marvellous, unspoilt area.
Lying between the Yorkshire Dales and the Forest of Bowland, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this Tosside cottage is definitely not one to be missed!
Two king-size double bedrooms. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Lower ground floor sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
- Electric central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Allocated parking for 1 car to front of cottage
- Bike storage
- Private patio with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub next door
- Note: Beds fixed on a raised wooden plinth, five foot wide on individual mattresses, and accessed by a two-step stool.
- Last minute
- “A little gem in a fantastic location”
- “I cannot recommend this cottage highly enough. My husband and I stayed for 3 nights in October. The décor and ambience of the cottage is so cosy and to a high standard. They have thought of everything. The property was spotlessly clean and warm when we arrived which made us feel at home straight away. The location is fantastic as there are walks in the forest that start just outside the front door. The garden was great for our border terrier as it was fully enclosed. We will definitely visit again.”
- “one not to miss”
- “This cottage is definitely not one to miss.....a very clever conversion of what was once a post office, this cottage is full of character from fun and unique beds (situated higher and requiring the use of two steps) in good sized rooms through to the comfortable lounge and well equipped kitchen; all in a homely and stylish decor. We were particularly impressed with the enclosed garden making it safe for our German Shepherd Storm and the ample parking which is so sadly lacking in other cottages. David and Jacqueline were the perfect hosts.....there if you needed anything but not intrusive. We will be staying in this well located cottage again...absolutely perfect for a good holiday.”
- “Unusual cottage in quiet village.”
- “Pinfold is the ex-village Post Office, which has been cunningly converted into a holiday cottage. It has a private garden which is (almost) dog proof, though there are a few gaps where a small dog could get through. Garden furniture provided. Pinfold is set in a very rural and attractive village (Tosside), with a pub opposite which has very irregular hours and reputedly is up for sale. There is the Old Vicarage, a cafe, come restaurant, which I can't vouch for. There's plenty of pubs serving food within 20 minutes drive. The road can be occasionally noisy with farm vehicles, but this is the countryside! Enter the cottage straight into the kitchen, with the modern shower room and toilet off. There's a small, two ring cooker with oven, toaster and all usual implements, including microwave. No dishwasher, but are you doing a lot of cooking on holiday? Down three steps into the lounge/diner, two sofas, TV, dining table, a wood burning stove (not needed in July!). The stairs off lead upstairs to two double bedrooms. Now, the beds are rather unusual and not suitable for elderly, or infirm, as they are high, quite high and you use a step stool to climb up. No problem for me and my partner, but bear in mind. No wardrobes, but plenty of coat-hooks. Plenty of electrical sockets throughout the property, Apart from the garden, there is one, roped off, space for a car. If you need to bring a second car, speak to the owner. Wi-fi is included. There's plenty of walking to be had in Bowland Forest, Gisburn Forest is just half a miles walk from the cottage. Settle is only about 9 miles, Clitheroe about the same. Lancaster, Morecambe, not far either. Try hiking up Pen-y-ghent! The owners live next door, but leave you to your own devices.”
- “The cottage was so well laid out and tastefully renovated, with attention to detail. The cottage was warm, the beds really comfortable and the location for walking stunning. Everything was of high quality, it was a real gem of a place, thank you.”
- “Lovely relaxing time in a perfect location. Pinfold was comfortable, cosy and peaceful. We can't wait to go back.”
- “We all had a great time, wish we had booked for longer and we will be going again. It was brilliant for dogs too, cosy and loved it very much.”
- “A very cosy cottage. A real haven amidst a meteorological storm!”
- “The cottage was very clean and warm.”
- “The property was excellent in all aspects with the raised beds being a fantastic feature.”
- “The cottage was perfect for a relaxing getaway. The décor was done to high standard. The garden was also very nice and you would benefit from this greatly in the summer. The owners have done a great job in converting this.”
- “A beautifully renovated, stylish, comfortable cottage with wood burner & central heating. In a great location with allocated parking and the owner next door was very welcoming. Dog allowed and welcomed.”
About the location
Settle 6 miles; Clitheroe 12 miles; Skipton 15 miles.
Tosside is a small, attractive Yorkshire Dales village set between the Forest of Bowland and the Yorkshire Dales, six miles from Settle, and fifteen miles from Skipton, popularly known as The Gateway to the Dales. Historically part of Yorkshire, following boundary changes in the 1970s, the village now straddles two counties, with the Eastern part of the village in Yorkshire, and the Western part in Lancashire! The village is home to a local pub, a church and a community centre. To the north, the landscape rises to the fells, moors and picturesque valleys of the Dales, while to the south are the wetlands of the Ribble Valley, which in turn, sweep upward to the magnificent wilderness of Bowland, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Nearby Settle is a bustling market town with a weekly market, the centre being dominated by the Shambles, an historic 3-storey building with shops on two levels and houses above, or for a great day out, travel on the renowned Settle-Carlisle Railway line, which crosses some of the most beautiful and inspiring upland scenery in the country. Venture to Clitheroe, a busy market town full of lively bars and restaurants, friendly pubs, and a castle!