- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This lovely semi-detached cottage is situated on the outskirts of the village of Witherslack inside the Lake District National Park. This Witherslack cottage has been lovingly refurbished by the owners who have retained many original features. The two bedrooms at this Witherslack cottage both have window seats overlooking the pretty garden area, whilst the kitchen/diner provides a wonderful place to enjoy local produce from the community shop in the village. The woodburning stove gives the sitting room a cosy feel, making it a welcoming place to unwind and enjoy a warming drink. At this Witherslack cottage, the south-facing, enclosed front garden provides an opportunity to sit and watch the world go by. Discover the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway and enjoy a steam train ride. Stop off to enjoy the Aquarium of the Lakes or embark upon the Windermere steamer and cruise up to Bowness-on-Windermere and Ambleside. This Witherslack cottage is perfect for couples, families and friends to spend a holiday in a wonderful rural retreat!
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Farmhouse kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Electric central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, selection of books games and DVDs, WiFi, telephone (incoming calls only)
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Bike storage available
- Enclosed garden with furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1.5 miles.
- Last minute
- “Fabulous Cottage and Location”
- “We have just returned from a weeks stay at Rose Cottage. The cottage was very clean and tidy with everything in that you could possibly need. No phone reception, but a phone is provided for local and emergency calls also incoming calls. It also has Wi-Fi, which kept my teenage son amused. It was very homely and cosy with extremely comfortable beds. ( I don't think I've slept so well in a very long time)!! It is pet friendly, and our dog loved sitting in the safe enclosed garden which was so peaceful. The cottage is based in the village of Witherslack which had loads of walks on the door step, also a great base to explore the southern lakes. The local pub 'The Derby Arms' also had lovely food and welcoming staff. also within walking distance of the cottage. We would definitely recommend to family and friends and would not hesitate to return ourselves. Thank you.”
- “A very pleasing cottage in a beautiful tranquil setting. Everything had been thought about by the owners to make an exceptionally comfortable home away from home.”
- “A true little gem, a home from home. We could not fault this cottage in any way, it had everything we needed, and was set in an ideal location for the exploring the lakes.”
- “Rose Cottage was a beautifully well kept property. Lots of utensils in the kitchen made it just like home from home. Immaculately clean and fresh. The garden was secure and got the late afternoon sun. Lots of walks in the near area. Would we recommend it - yes, definitely. Especially if you want to visit the southern part of the Lake District.”
- “The cottage was perfect. We went last year and have every intention of going again next year.”
- “We had a fantastic holiday and the cottage was a big part of it. We will stay there again and would recommend it to our friends and family.”
- “We have just returned from a weeks stay at Rose Cottage. It is set in a peaceful location and a great base for exploring the southern lakes. The cottage had everything you could possibly need and was warm, homely and cosy, with extremely comfortable beds. A fantastic week was had. Would definitely return and recommend to friends and family.”
- “A lovely, cosy, well equipped cottage. In an ideal location for exploring around Lake Windermere and a good variety of walks in the local area.”
- “We found Rose Cottage to be warm, homely and very well equipped. We loved the location, Witherslack is a very attractive village, we had an excellent meal in the village and there were lots of walks from the doorstep. Perfect for a relaxing break.”
- “The cottage was beautiful and the owners couldn't of been more helpful. The cottage had everything you could need. Overall 10/10.”
- “Very dog friendly with easy access to beautiful countryside.”
- “It was just in the right spot for travelling to destinations and had a great garden enclosed for the dog. Great overall, will go back again. Lovely listening to the birds in the morning singing their hearts out.”
- “A lovely charming Cottage with everything in the kitchen you could think of. The Cottage was spotlessly clean & the beds were so comfortable. I would definitely use again, thanks for a lovely holiday.”
About the location
Kendal 9 miles; Windermere 16 miles.
The small village of Witherslack lies tucked beneath Whitbarrow Scar, in a lovely area running south east from the shores of Lake Windermere, encompassing fell, woodland, river and valley bottom. The village consists of a huddle of fine, stone-built traditional houses, cottages and barn conversions surrounded by unspoilt countryside, with varied flora and fauna and a nature reserve providing beautiful walking country. Nearby Lindale has a true 'Lakeland feel' with its narrow streets, traditional dwellings and quaint old pubs, while Cartmel, with its famous annual horse race meetings, and the pretty coastal resorts of Arnside and Grange-over-Sands are all worth a visit. With Lake Windermere, Bowness-on-Windermere and Hawkshead a short drive away, this attractive village makes an inspiring choice from which to enjoy the whole of a magical area.