- Hot tub
- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Broadband / WiFi
A superb, detached lodge situated on a beautifully maintained holiday park on the shores of Lake Windermere in the stunning Lake District National Park.
All ground floor, this comfortable Windermere cottage provides an ideal base for families who wish to enjoy a relaxing boat trip on the lake, or would like to explore the many towns and villages nearby.
This cottage next to Lake Windermere offers two bedrooms, including one with an en-suite shower room, and the stylish open plan living area has French doors that lead out onto a decked area.
The private hot tub on the decked area adds a touch of luxury to this Windermere cottage, plus the rooftop terrace boasts fantastic views across the lake to the mountains beyond.
Only a few hundred yards away from this Windermere cottage is the lake shore, where you will find a jetty and moored boats; this is a delightful area to relax, take in the views or go for a stroll.
There are a number of activities and amenities on-site, including an indoor heated swimming pool, a shop, a bar, a restaurant with takeaway menu, an outdoor play park, a multi-use games area, as well as a marina, which has one of the best boat launching facilities on Lake Windermere.
Bowness is just a short drive away and has excellent cafes, restaurants, art galleries and delightful shops, plus this vibrant lakeside town is also home to the World of Beatrix Potter, where younger visitors will be delighted to meet Peter Rabbit and his friends.
With kayaking, canoeing and even gorge scrambling available in the area for the more adventurous, this Windermere cottage is the perfect retreat for a Lake District holiday.
Note: This cottage is situated adjacent to Ref. 22525 and together they accommodate 10 people.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin with 2'6" beds. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, shared on-site laundry facilities (coin operated), dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Front and side decked terrace with hot tub, furniture and BBQ
- Rooftop terrace with furniture
- Free, shared use of facilities, including indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, gym, play park and multi-use games area
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 3 mins walk
- Note: Property accessed via 3 steps and the rooftop terrace is accessed via a spiral staircase
- Note: Due to lakeside location, children should be supervised
- Note: Guests must obtain a pass from the site reception for access to site and a refundable deposit of £20 is required
About the location
WHITE CROSS BAY
Troutbeck Bridge 0.8 miles; Windermere 2 miles; Bowness 3 miles; Ambleside 3 miles.
White Cross Bay holiday park nestles on the shores of Lake Windermere, midway between Windermere and Ambleside, in the Lake District National Park. Consisting of approximately 400 lodges, it offers a restaurant, pub, shop, indoor swimming pool and outdoor play areas. Lake Windermere, the largest and most popular in the area, boasts a wide range of lakeside activities from walking and cycling to rowing, horse riding, taking a trip on the steam railway, plus lake cruises from Bowness to the pretty village of Ambleside and down to Lakeside, which has a celebrated aquarium. Children will also enjoy The World of Beatrix Potter in Bowness-on-Windermere, where technology brings her characters to life, and Brockhole Lake District Visitor Centre, with its Treetop Trek aerial adventure is a short walk away from the site. With destinations including Coniston Water, Kendal, Keswick and the Lakeland Mountains all within easy reach, this location is perfect for a Lake District holiday at any time of the year.
- Last minute