- Hot tub
- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
An immaculately-presented, detached lodge located on a superbly maintained holiday park on the shores of Lake Windermere in the beautiful Lake District. Well-appointed throughout to provide wonderful accommodation, this all ground floor Windermere cottage has three bedrooms, one with an en-suite shower room, and there is also a private hot tub for guests to enjoy all year round. The open plan living area at this Windermere lodge exudes quality and style, with a well-equipped kitchen, a dining area and a sitting area with a surround sound music system and French doors leading to the front decked area, complete with the hot tub and a fire pit barbecue. The lake shore is only a few hundred yards from this Windermere cottage and has a jetty where boats are moored. There is plenty of space for picnics, lots of ducks to feed and the sunsets from this idyllic lakeside location are unspoilt and look out across the lake to the mountains beyond. There are excellent on-site facilities, including an indoor heated swimming pool, a restaurant with takeaway menu, a bar with live entertainment during high season, a shop, laundry facilities, an outdoor play park and a multi-use games area; perfect for football or basketball. The site even has its own marina offering one of the best boat launching facilities on Lake Windermere. Brockhole, the Lake District National Park Visitor Centre is nearby and has a tree top adventure course and pleasant gardens running down to meet Lake Windermere. The Lakeside steamers are very popular with visitors to the area and can be boarded from Ambleside or from Bowness for relaxing boat trips around Lake Windermere. There are excellent mountain bike trails in the Grizedale Forest and the opportunity to hire bikes, so why not take a day trip there with the whole family for a fun-filled day out? There is even a 'black run' especially for the more experienced cyclist. There are numerous walks for all abilities through some of the most breathtaking countryside in England, what better way to spend your day before returning to your beautiful Windermere lodge?
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 2 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area (seats 5) with electric fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, shared on-site laundry facilities (coin operated), dishwasher, TV with Freeview, Blu-ray, DVD, surround sound system, WiFi available on site
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Front decked terrace with hot tub, BBQ and furniture
- Free shared use of facilities, including indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, gym, play park and multi-use games area
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 3 mins walk
- Note: Property entrance is accessed by 3 steps
- Note: Due to lakeside location, children should be supervised
- Note: Due to the site's rural location, WiFi signal can be intermittent
- Note: Guests must obtain a pass from the site reception for access to site and a refundable deposit of £20 is required
- Note: No stag/hen or similar
- Last minute
About the location
WHITE CROSS BAY
Troutbeck Bridge 0.8 miles; Windermere 2 miles; Bowness 3 miles; Ambleside 3 miles.
White Cross Bay holiday park nestles on the shores of Lake Windermere, midway between Windermere and Ambleside, in the Lake District National Park. Consisting of approximately 400 lodges, it offers a restaurant, pub, shop, indoor swimming pool and outdoor play areas. Lake Windermere, the largest and most popular in the area, boasts a wide range of lakeside activities from walking and cycling to rowing, horse riding, taking a trip on the steam railway, plus lake cruises from Bowness to the pretty village of Ambleside and down to Lakeside, which has a celebrated aquarium. Children will also enjoy The World of Beatrix Potter in Bowness-on-Windermere, where technology brings her characters to life, and Brockhole Lake District Visitor Centre, with its Treetop Trek aerial adventure. With destinations including Coniston Water, Kendal, Keswick and the Lakeland Mountains all within easy reach, this location is perfect for a Lake District holiday at any time of the year.