“The lodge was very good , very ...”The lodge was very good , very comfortable and clean. The site was brilliant as we had young children with us so used the pool and bar.The only thing which let it down was small things like utensils not available, there was an ironing board but no iron. On a more serious note there was a railing missing on the decking and the gate lock was loose, luckily there was a screwdriver to tighten it which we did several times. However saying that we had a great time and would ...
- Hot tub
- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
An immaculately-presented lodge located on a delightful holiday park on the shores of Lake Windermere, in the beautiful Lake District.
Set entirely over the ground floor, this superb Windermere cottage exudes style, with three bedrooms, one with an en-suite shower room, and a well equipped open plan living area with French doors leading to the front decked area and hot tub with distant lake views.
With excellent on-site facilities including an indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and gym, as well as a restaurant with takeaway service, bar, children's play park, multi-use games area perfect for football or basketball, and woodland walks, this Windermere cottage has something for the whole family.
The lake shore and marina are a short stroll away from this Lake District cottage, and with plenty of space to sit and admire the beautiful scenery across the lake to the Lake District fells, why not pack a picnic and make an afternoon of it?
The promenade area at Bowness is a perfect place to watch the world go by whilst enjoying a delicious ice cream, rowing boats can be hired and there are also a 9 hole pitch and putt golf course and tennis courts to enjoy.
Younger guests will be delighted to meet Peter Rabbit and his friends at The World of Beatrix Potter, and with lots of water-based activities available at the Low Wood Bay Watersports Centre and a treetop trek at Brockhole, there is plenty to keep everyone busy.
This superb lodge is perfect at any time of the year.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double with dressing room and en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin, 1 x 2'6" twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with gas fire.
- Gas central heating with gas fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Front deck with hot tub, shared grounds
- Shared use of leisure facilities, including indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, gym, play park and multi-use games area
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Although all ground floor, this property is accessed by approx
- 20 steps
- Note: Due to lakeside location, children should be supervised at all times
- Note: At check-in guests will be provided with a barrier pass number to use in the barrier key pad providing vehicular access to the park
- Note: Guests wishing to use the on-site leisure facilities will need to purchase a leisure pass from reception
- Passes cost £15 per stay and one pass is allocated per lodge
- Note: Due to the location, WiFi can be intermittent
- Note: No stag/hen or similar
About the location
WHITE CROSS BAY
Troutbeck Bridge 0.8 miles; Windermere 2 miles; Bowness 3 miles; Ambleside 3 miles.
White Cross Bay holiday park nestles on the shores of Lake Windermere, midway between Windermere and Ambleside, in the Lake District National Park. Consisting of approximately 400 lodges, it offers a restaurant, pub, shop, entertainment room, amusement arcade, indoor swimming pool with Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, gym, children's staffed activity centre, marina and outdoor play areas. Lake Windermere, the largest and most popular in the area, boasts a wide range of lakeside activities from walking and cycling to rowing, horse riding, taking a trip on the steam railway, plus lake cruises from Bowness to the pretty village of Ambleside and down to Lakeside, which has a celebrated aquarium. Children will also enjoy The World of Beatrix Potter in Bowness-on-Windermere, where technology brings her characters to life, and Brockhole Lake District Visitor Centre, with its Treetop Trek aerial adventure is a short walk away from the site. With destinations including Coniston Water, Kendal, Keswick and the Lakeland Mountains all within easy reach, this location is perfect for a Lake District holiday at any time of the year.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute