- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
A comfortable, Scandinavian-style lodge, located in the popular resort of White Cross Bay, on the shores of Lake Windermere in the Lake District National Park. This Windermere lodge offers well-equipped accommodation with superb on-site facilities, ideal for families wishing to explore this beautiful area. Set over the ground floor, this lodge near Windermere has a homely open plan living area with a kitchen, dining area and sitting area with French doors leading to the spacious decked terrace. Guests to this Windermere holiday home also enjoy the benefit of the on-site leisure facilities, which the whole family will adore, with a restaurant, bar, indoor swimming pool, sauna and gym. There is also an amusement arcade, children's outdoor play area and an outdoor multi-use games centre, which is perfect for football, basketball and tennis. Enjoy a waterside walk by the shores of Lake Windermere and admire the backdrop of the fells whilst the children enjoy feeding the ducks. The colourful village of Bowness-on-Windermere is close by, with many excellent restaurants, bars and shops to enjoy. It also hosts the Home of Beatrix Potter, where you can meet Peter Rabbit and his friends. The village has an excellent park area located on the lake shore, where you can hire a rowing boat or embark on the Windermere Steamer. This Windermere cottage is a wonderful choice for your next family holiday in Cumbria.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x 2’ 6” twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire.
Electric central heating with electric fire. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, shared on-site coin-operated laundry, TV with Sky, DVD, on-site WiFi, selection of books and games. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 2 cars. Decked terrace with furniture. Free, shared use of leisure facilities, including indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, gym, play park and multi-use games area. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 2 mins walk. Note: The property is accessed via 4 steps, and there is no ramp access. Note: Due to lakeside location, children should be supervised at all times. Note: Guests must obtain a pass from the site reception for access to the site. A refundable deposit of £20 is required. Note: Mobile phone and WiFi can be intermittent. Note: No stag/hen, or similar.
- “Had a great time”
- “Lovely clean well equipped lodge with only one problem, no gate on veranda so dogs kept going on road, possibly a bit small for 4 adults, site very well kept and pool area lovely and clean but could do with being open a bit later than 7pm. Very busy road though and had to be carefull on bikes as cycle path doesn't go all the way to Ambleside but all in all had a great holiday and couldn't have wished for better weather or location.”
- “A lovely Lodge, very well catered for. Had a wonderful shower and comfy bed.”
- “The location was excellent with easy access to beautiful lakeside and fell top walks.”
- “Very relaxing and private, excellent site amenities”
- “Excellent staff, the cleanliness of the site ,lodges were fantastic. Will definitely be coming back, would recommend this to all my friends. Swimming pool excellent. Ideal base for getting around,”
- “The location was fabulous. The shower was particularly wonderful in this property. It was really clean and well presented.”
About the location
WHITE CROSS BAY
Troutbeck Bridge 0.8 miles; Windermere 2 miles; Bowness 3 miles; Ambleside 3 miles.
White Cross Bay holiday park nestles on the shores of Lake Windermere, midway between Windermere and Ambleside, in the Lake District National Park. Consisting of approximately 400 lodges, it offers a restaurant, pub, shop, indoor swimming pool and outdoor play areas. Lake Windermere, the largest and most popular in the area, boasts a wide range of lakeside activities from walking and cycling to rowing, horse riding, taking a trip on the steam railway, plus lake cruises from Bowness to the pretty village of Ambleside and down to Lakeside, which has a celebrated aquarium. Children will also enjoy The World of Beatrix Potter in Bowness-on-Windermere, where technology brings her characters to life, and Brockhole Lake District Visitor Centre, with its Treetop Trek aerial adventure. With destinations including Coniston Water, Kendal, Keswick and the Lakeland Mountains all within easy reach, this location is perfect for a Lake District holiday at any time of the year.