- Hot tub
- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A superb lodge on a well-maintained holiday park with private hot tub located just 100 yards from the shores of Lake Windermere in the beautiful Lake District National Park. All ground floor, this wonderful Windermere cottage has three bedrooms with the master having an en-suite shower room. The spacious open plan living space has a well-equipped kitchen and a comfy seating area where you can sit back and relax after a hectic day discovering this magnificent region. Outside this Windermere lodge is a large enclosed decked area with a sumptuous hot tub, a great place to enjoy a glass of wine whilst catching glimpses of the sunset over the lake. Being so close to the lake, there is ample space to enjoy the spectacular views across the bay to the Lake District fells or to launch a boat on the water. There are excellent on-site facilities including an indoor heated swimming pool, a restaurant, bar with live entertainment during high season, an outdoor play park and a multi-use games area which is perfect for football or basketball. The vibrant village of Bowness is just 3 miles away with a fantastic promenade area known as The Glebe, where steam boats depart to take passengers up and down Windermere. This lovely Windermere lodge is a great place to stay for families and friends at any time of the year.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms with TV: 2 x double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire. External utility.
Gas central heating with electric fire. Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer in exterior utility, dishwasher, TVs with Freeview, WiFi. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair. Off road parking for 2 cars. Front deck with furniture and hot tub, shared grounds. Free, shared use of leisure facilities, including indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, gym, play park and multi-use games area. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 5 mins walk. Note: Although all ground floor, this property is accessed by 4 steps. Note: Due to lakeside location, children should be supervised at all times. Note: Guests must obtain a pass from the site reception for access to site. A refundable deposit of £20 is required. Note: No stag/hen or similar.
- Last minute
- “Great lodge but poor management.”
- “We had a great stay in this lodge with my parents and 2 kids as part of our holiday back to Ireland from Australia. The lodge was well designed, with good bedrooms and amenities at white cross bay. However on arrival we noticed a few things missing from the lodge (knives, rubbish bin, broken dining room chair). We contacted Skyes cottages, who manage the property on behalf of the owners. Knives were delivered by the owner the next day. We then realised the BBQ wasn't working after planning a BBQ and buying all the food. This issue was never resolved and we were unable to BBQ all week, which was a real shame as the weather was beautiful. Based on our experience, the management and maintenance of this lodge needs to be vastly improved to provide a stress free stay for guests.”
- “The cabin itself was well equipped, well situated in a lovely site and good facilities. A most enjoyable stay, just what we wanted.”
- “The cabin was very clean with comfy beds and state of the art showers, the kitchen was well stocked with cutlery, pans, a good cooker and definitely had the wow factor when you walked in. With the addition of the hot tub and the facilities on site such as the swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna it was a great place to stay.”
- “The location was good beside the lake, the lodge was big and comfortable and hot tub was fantastic. There was a BBQ on the deck which was a nice thing to have especially as the weather was really good when we stayed. The amenities on site was good - my son was always in the pool or the gym so plenty to keep him entertained!”
- “We found the lodge spacious and comfortable, it was in a perfect position right by the lake. We especially loved the hot tub, a fantastic relaxing break. Would definitely recommend.”
- “I liked the property, outside living area and location.”
- “Very modern, lovely location - perfect if you just want to relax or if you're planning a walking holiday.”
- “Lovely lodge. We were very impressed with the standard of the rooms. The hot tub was great. Very nice on the cold evenings.”
About the location
WHITE CROSS BAY
Troutbeck Bridge 0.8 miles; Windermere 2 miles; Bowness 3 miles; Ambleside 3 miles.
White Cross Bay holiday park nestles on the shores of Lake Windermere, midway between Windermere and Ambleside, in the Lake District National Park. Consisting of approximately 400 lodges, it offers a restaurant, pub, shop, indoor swimming pool and outdoor play areas. Lake Windermere, the largest and most popular in the area, boasts a wide range of lakeside activities from walking and cycling to rowing, horse riding, taking a trip on the steam railway, plus lake cruises from Bowness to the pretty village of Ambleside and down to Lakeside, which has a celebrated aquarium. Children will also enjoy The World of Beatrix Potter in Bowness-on-Windermere, where technology brings her characters to life, and Brockhole Lake District Visitor Centre, with its Treetop Trek aerial adventure. With destinations including Coniston Water, Kendal, Keswick and the Lakeland Mountains all within easy reach, this location is perfect for a Lake District holiday at any time of the year.