- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
A comfortable lodge located in a secluded position on the popular White Cross Bay holiday park on the shores of Lake Windermere.
Set entirely over the ground floor, this welcoming Windermere cottage is a perfect base for exploring the beautiful Lake District.
This Windermere cottage has three bedrooms, ideal for a family holiday, and an open plan living area with French doors leading to the front decked area, where you can soak up the sun after a day in the pool.
With excellent on-site facilities including an indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and gym, as well as a restaurant with takeaway service, bar, children's play park, multi-use games area perfect for football or basketball, and woodland walks, this Windermere cottage has something for everyone.
Within a 5-minute stroll is the beautiful lake shore and marina; with views across the lake to the Lake District fells, why not take some bread for the ducks whilst you’re there?
The pretty Lakeland town of Ambleside is just 10 minutes’ drive; nestling under the majestic Wansfell and Loughrigg fells it has a host of individual shops and excellent cafes serving delicious food, so when you’re out and about, you can pop in for a cup of tea and a slice of cake before heading back to your Windermere lodge.
There is an excellent park close to the holiday lodge, where you can play pitch-and-putt golf, tennis and crazy golf, whilst in Bowness, younger guests will be delighted to meet Peter Rabbit himself at the World of Beatrix Potter.
This lovely lodge is perfect at any time of the year.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x 2' 6" twin, 1 x 2’ 6” single. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Gas central heating
- Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, shared on-site laundry facilities (coin operated), TV with Freeview and Sky Sports 1 and 3, DVD, video, WiFi, selection of books, games, DVDs and videos
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Front decked area with furniture
- Shared grounds
- Bikes and outdoor games in adjoining shed
- Shared use of leisure facilities, including indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, gym, play park and multi-use games area
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Although all ground floor, this property is accessed by approx
- 5 steps with handrail and gate
- Note: Due to lakeside location, children to be supervised at all times
- Note: Due to the location, WiFi can be intermittent
- Note: At check-in guests will be provided with a barrier pass number to use in the barrier key pad providing vehicular access to the park
- Note: Guests wishing to use the on-site leisure facilities will need to purchase a leisure pass from reception
- Passes cost £15 per stay and one pass is allocated per lodge
- Note: No stag/hen or similar
About the location
WHITE CROSS BAY
Troutbeck Bridge 0.8 miles; Windermere 2 miles; Bowness 3 miles; Ambleside 3 miles.
White Cross Bay holiday park nestles on the shores of Lake Windermere, midway between Windermere and Ambleside, in the Lake District National Park. Consisting of approximately 400 lodges, it offers a restaurant, pub, shop, entertainment room, amusement arcade, indoor swimming pool with Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, gym, children's staffed activity centre, marina and outdoor play areas. Lake Windermere, the largest and most popular in the area, boasts a wide range of lakeside activities from walking and cycling to rowing, horse riding, taking a trip on the steam railway, plus lake cruises from Bowness to the pretty village of Ambleside and down to Lakeside, which has a celebrated aquarium. Children will also enjoy The World of Beatrix Potter in Bowness-on-Windermere, where technology brings her characters to life, and Brockhole Lake District Visitor Centre, with its Treetop Trek aerial adventure is a short walk away from the site. With destinations including Coniston Water, Kendal, Keswick and the Lakeland Mountains all within easy reach, this location is perfect for a Lake District holiday at any time of the year.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute