- Hot tub
- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
An immaculate detached lodge in the popular resort of White Cross Bay, nestling on the shore of Lake Windermere with its own hot tub and excellent on-site facilities including a leisure club with an indoor swimming pool, sauna and gym.
Surrounded by woodland, this Windermere cottage is an ideal base from which to enjoy a relaxing break with family and friends.
Offering all ground floor accommodation, this Windermere cottage has three spacious bedrooms, one with an en-suite, a family bathroom, and a very pleasant open plan living area with leather sofas and patio doors opening out to an extensive decked area with furniture and patio heater.
With excellent amenities on site including a shop, outdoor play area and woodland walks, this cottage near Windermere is ideal for a year-round family break.
There are also sailing and watersports available locally on Lake Windermere, and the site has launch facilities.
Only a few miles north of Bowness-on-Windermere and south of Ambleside, there are numerous shops, bars, restaurants and attractions to enjoy from this Windermere cottage.
Bowness-on-Windermere is a thriving village located on the shores of Lake Windermere, with a large promenade area where the famous Lake Windermere Steamers depart and rowing boats can be hired.
There are also plenty of family facilities, with pitch-and-putt golf and tennis courts.
Younger visitors will be thrilled with the World of Beatrix Potter, where children can get to meet all their favourite characters including Peter Rabbit and Jemima Puddleduck.
With all the stunning Lake District scenery to enjoy this Windermere cottage is perfect at any time of the year.
All ground floor.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire in sitting room
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, shared on-site laundry facilities (coin operated), dishwasher, TV with full Sky, DVD, CD, radio, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Large decked terrace and lawned area with furniture and patio heater
- Hot tub
- Shared use of facilities, including indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, gym, play park and multi-use games area
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pubs 2 mins walk
- Note: Although all ground floor, this property is accessed by 2 steps
- Note: Due to lakeside location, children should be supervised at all times
- Note: At check-in guests will be provided with a barrier pass number to use in the barrier key pad providing vehicular access to the park
- Note: Due to the location, WiFi can be intermittent
- Note: Guests wishing to use the on-site leisure facilities will need to purchase a leisure pass from reception
- Passes cost £15 per stay and one pass is allocated per lodge
- Note: No stag/hen or similar.
About the location
WHITE CROSS BAY
Troutbeck Bridge 0.8 miles; Windermere 2 miles; Bowness 3 miles; Ambleside 3 miles.
White Cross Bay holiday park nestles on the shores of Lake Windermere, midway between Windermere and Ambleside, in the Lake District National Park. Consisting of approximately 400 lodges, it offers a restaurant, pub, shop, entertainment room, amusement arcade, indoor swimming pool with Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, gym, children's staffed activity centre, marina and outdoor play areas. Lake Windermere, the largest and most popular in the area, boasts a wide range of lakeside activities from walking and cycling to rowing, horse riding, taking a trip on the steam railway, plus lake cruises from Bowness to the pretty village of Ambleside and down to Lakeside, which has a celebrated aquarium. Children will also enjoy The World of Beatrix Potter in Bowness-on-Windermere, where technology brings her characters to life, and Brockhole Lake District Visitor Centre, with its Treetop Trek aerial adventure is a short walk away from the site. With destinations including Coniston Water, Kendal, Keswick and the Lakeland Mountains all within easy reach, this location is perfect for a Lake District holiday at any time of the year.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute