- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Windermere 0.5 miles.
A superb detached cottage half a mile from the town of Windermere, ideally located just a few minutes' walk from Lake Windermere and with the benefit of a private jetty.
Carefully appointed throughout to provide spacious accommodation, this Windermere cottage is ideal for couples or small families who wish to enjoy time in one of the most beautiful parts of England.
This Windermere cottage has two bedrooms and a large kitchen/diner, with a first floor galleried sitting room offering a cosy space to relax.
French doors out of the double bedroom lead to a small enclosed patio which is completely secluded and is perfect for enjoying a quiet moment in the sun.
Just a gentle stroll from this Windermere cottage is stunning Lake Windermere, with views across the bay to the Lake District fells.
Guests at the cottage have access to a private jetty to either launch boats and kayaks, fish or simply to enjoy the peaceful romantic setting.
Bustling Bowness-on-Windermere is less than 2 miles away and has a host of cafes, restaurants, specialist shops and galleries.
The area around the lakeshore is known as The Glebe, and is where the steamer boats collect passengers to carry them up to Ambleside or down to Lakeside.
There is also a 9-hole pitch-and-putt course and plenty of parkland to explore.
A wonderful Windermere cottage, and one to be enjoyed all year round.
Two ground floor bedrooms: 1 x double with doors to patio, 1 x single. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast bar and dining area. First floor galleried sitting room with electric fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, WiFi, telephone (incoming/emergency calls only)
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed patio area with furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 7 mins walk, pub 10 mins walk
- Lake Windermere 5 mins walk
- Note: Due to lakeside location, children to be supervised
- Note: Due to 2 steps leading from the hallway down to the open plan living area, 4 steps up to the bedrooms and bathroom and 4 external steps leading up to the entrance, this property may not be suitable for those with limited mobility
- Note: No children under 2.
Note: No children under 2.
- Last minute
- “This being my first time in the Lake District, I thought the Lodge was great. I could walk to the number of towns around the lake.”
- “A great location and well appointed property. A real home from home.”
- “This was a high grade cottage, a quiet location but near to all amenities and attractions.”
- “This cottage has everything; it is clean, well decorated, very comfortable and has a good sized freezer which is boon when you are self catering. It also has the added bonus of broadband.”
- “An excellent and quiet location, close to amenities but on a private estate. The property is well laid out and carries all that anyone would want for a comfortable relaxing week. Had a nice enclosed small sitting area that allowed us to let our dog out without worry. A quiet lane led down to a private jetty and launch beach for those who wanted access to the lake or just to sit and take in the views. We would certainly recommend to others and plan to visit again in the future.”
- “Pine Lodge is lovely and the location beautiful. There is nothing else you could need which isn't provided. It was very clean and welcoming. If you're looking for 1st class and tranquil combined with the famous Lakes beauty then Pine Lodge is for you.”
- “Very comfortable and homely cottage 5 minutes from Windermere. Had all mod cons and really comfy beds. Would book again without a thought.”
- “Fantastic location, Pine Lodge is a lovely laid out house and a fantastically comfy bed”
- “It was lovely, homely cottage, very nice.”
- “The setting of Pine Lodge is superb and it is close for both Bowness and Windermere as well as the rest of the lakes. It was relaxing and a really enjoyable experience, we will be back again.”
- “This is a lovely holiday cottage, very comfortable with really nice furnishings. The location is fabulous and the cottage was very clean on arrival.”
- “We loved the location and being able to walk down to the jetty on the lake. It was also a good centre for exploring the Lake District.”
About the location
BOWNESS & WINDERMERE
Ambleside 5 miles.
The vibrant twin towns of Bowness and Windermere hold enduring appeal for many visitors to the Lake District, both providing a range of attractions, amenities, shops and restaurants to suit all tastes. Boat trips are available from Bowness to Ambleside and Lakeside, where the Lakeside Aquarium and the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway are situated. Orrest Head, where Alfred Wainwright was inspired to write his series of iconic guidebooks, is a 15-minute walk away and Brockhole, which offers tree top experiences is only one mile away. There are also a variety of watersports on offer for the more energetic. Bowness and Windermere are ideally situated for exploring all that this region has to offer; they are within easy reach of destinations such as Langdale, Beatrix Potter’s Hill Top House at Sawrey, Grasmere, Coniston Water, Grizedale Forest Park, with its delightful walks and famous outdoor sculptures, mountain biking and the Go Ape adventure park, Ullswater, Kendal, Keswick, as well as the Lakeland Mountains, including England's highest, Scafell Pike.