- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Windermere 0.5 miles.
A superb detached cottage half a mile from the town of Windermere, ideally located just a few minutes' walk from Lake Windermere and with the benefit of a private jetty.
Carefully appointed throughout to provide spacious accommodation, this Windermere cottage is ideal for couples or small families who wish to enjoy time in one of the most beautiful parts of England.
This Windermere cottage has two bedrooms and a large kitchen/diner, with a first floor galleried sitting room offering a cosy space to relax.
French doors out of the double bedroom lead to a small enclosed patio which is completely secluded and is perfect for enjoying a quiet moment in the sun.
Just a gentle stroll from this Windermere cottage is stunning Lake Windermere, with views across the bay to the Lake District fells.
Guests at the cottage have access to a private jetty to either launch boats and kayaks, fish or simply to enjoy the peaceful romantic setting.
Bustling Bowness-on-Windermere is less than 2 miles away and has a host of cafes, restaurants, specialist shops and galleries.
The area around the lakeshore is known as The Glebe, and is where the steamer boats collect passengers to carry them up to Ambleside or down to Lakeside.
There is also a 9-hole pitch-and-putt course and plenty of parkland to explore.
A wonderful Windermere cottage, and one to be enjoyed all year round.
Two ground floor bedrooms: 1 x double with doors to patio, 1 x single. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast bar and dining area. First floor galleried sitting room with electric fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, WiFi, telephone (incoming/emergency calls only)
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed patio area with furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 7 mins walk, pub 10 mins walk
- Lake Windermere 5 mins walk
- Note: Due to lakeside location, children to be supervised
- Note: Due to 2 steps leading from the hallway down to the open plan living area, 4 steps up to the bedrooms and bathroom and 4 external steps leading up to the entrance, this property may not be suitable for those with limited mobility
- Note: No children under 2.
About the location
BOWNESS & WINDERMERE
Ambleside 5 miles.
The vibrant twin towns of Bowness and Windermere hold enduring appeal for many visitors to the Lake District, both providing a range of attractions, amenities, shops and restaurants to suit all tastes. Boat trips are available from Bowness to Ambleside and Lakeside, where the Lakeside Aquarium and the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway are situated. Orrest Head, where Alfred Wainwright was inspired to write his series of iconic guidebooks, is a 15-minute walk away and Brockhole, which offers tree top experiences is only one mile away. There are also a variety of watersports on offer for the more energetic. Bowness and Windermere are ideally situated for exploring all that this region has to offer; they are within easy reach of destinations such as Langdale, Beatrix Potter’s Hill Top House at Sawrey, Grasmere, Coniston Water, Grizedale Forest Park, with its delightful walks and famous outdoor sculptures, mountain biking and the Go Ape adventure park, Ullswater, Kendal, Keswick, as well as the Lakeland Mountains, including England's highest, Scafell Pike.
Note: No children under 2.
- Last minute