- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A comfortable and well-presented Scandinavian style lodge, located in the popular resort of White Cross Bay, 50 yards from the shores of Lake Windermere in the heart of the Lake District National Park.
This Windermere lodge offers spacious, well-equipped accommodation, ideal for families wishing to enjoy a superb lakeside location.
All on the ground floor, this Windermere holiday lodge boasts a large, open plan living area with a modern kitchen, dining area, sitting area and French doors leading to the spacious decked terrace - the perfect spot to sit at the end of the day and watch the sun set over Lake Windermere and the Langdale Pikes beyond.
Guests to this Windermere holiday home also enjoy the benefit of the on-site leisure facilities, including a restaurant, bar and leisure centre with indoor swimming pool and health suite including a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, Jacuzzi and experience shower.
There is also an amusement arcade, children's outdoor play area and outdoor multi-use games area, which is great for football, basketball and tennis.
Guests at this Windermere cottage will be delighted with the close proximity to the beautiful lake and jetties where sailing boats are moored, with lovely views across to the spectacular Lakeland mountains.
Windermere's bustling promenade is a great place to sit back and enjoy an ice cream or hire a rowing boat, while the vibrant village of Bowness-on-Windermere is close by, with many excellent restaurants and bars, plus individual shops and galleries to enjoy.
Walk to the Lake District Visitor Centre at Brockhole, or sail up to Ambleside or south to Lakeside, where you'll find the Lakes Aquarium and the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway.
This Windermere lakeside cottage is perfect for families or friends at any time of the year.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin with 2'6" beds, 1 x children's bunks. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire and French doors to large decked terrace with furniture.
- Gas central heating with electric fire
- Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, shared on-site laundry facilities (coin operated), dishwasher, TV with basic Sky (2 Sky Sports channels available), DVD, CD/radio, WiFi available on site, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Decked terrace with furniture
- Shared use of leisure facilities, including indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, gym, play park and multi-use games area
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- On-site small shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Although all ground floor, the property is accessed via 4 steps, and there is no ramp access
- Note: The property is located close to the lake shore and children should be supervised at all times
- Note: Due to the site's rural location, mobile phone coverage and WiFi signal can be intermittent
- Note: At check-in guests will be provided with a barrier pass number to use in the barrier key pad providing vehicular access to the park
- Note: Guests wishing to use the on-site leisure facilities will need to purchase a leisure pass from reception
- Passes cost £15 per stay and one pass is allocated per lodge
- Note: No stag/hen, or similar.
About the location
WHITE CROSS BAY
Troutbeck Bridge 0.8 miles; Windermere 2 miles; Bowness 3 miles; Ambleside 3 miles.
White Cross Bay holiday park nestles on the shores of Lake Windermere, midway between Windermere and Ambleside, in the Lake District National Park. Consisting of approximately 400 lodges, it offers a restaurant, pub, shop, indoor swimming pool and outdoor play areas. Lake Windermere, the largest and most popular in the area, boasts a wide range of lakeside activities from walking and cycling to rowing, horse riding, taking a trip on the steam railway, plus lake cruises from Bowness to the pretty village of Ambleside and down to Lakeside, which has a celebrated aquarium. Children will also enjoy The World of Beatrix Potter in Bowness-on-Windermere, where technology brings her characters to life, and Brockhole Lake District Visitor Centre, with its Treetop Trek aerial adventure is a short walk away from the site. With destinations including Coniston Water, Kendal, Keswick and the Lakeland Mountains all within easy reach, this location is perfect for a Lake District holiday at any time of the year.
- Last minute