“we had a leak in the en suite which ...”we had a leak in the en suite which I reported to the owner on the Sunday, she reported it to site the day after. This did not get rectified until 4 days later on the Thursday, by which time the en suite carpet was wet and had started to smell, in the en suite and into the bedroom.
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A detached ground floor log cabin situated in the South Lakeland Leisure Village just two miles from Carnforth.
This South Lakeland log cabin offers quality and spacious accommodation in a delightful area just a short drive from the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales National Parks.
Offering a warm welcome at any time of the year, this South Lakeland log cabin features open plan living with a modern kitchen, dining and sitting areas with patio doors leading out to a spacious decked area, ideal for dining alfresco.
The double bedroom at this South Lakeland log cabin has an en-suite bathroom, plus there are an additional two twin bedrooms.
This is a lovely area for touring and relaxing, plus the on-site facilities are superb, with an indoor swimming pool, steam room and gym.
Why not spoil yourself in the beauty therapy suites, or relax and unwind in the bar and enjoy the lovely view across the man-made lake, plus the village has repeatedly been awarded the prestigious David Bellamy Gold Conservation Award since 2009.
The stunning location is perfect for those looking for a relaxing holiday and is an ideal touring base with Kirkby Lonsdale, Kendal and the Lake District National Park all just a short drive away.Read more
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 2 x twin. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric coal-effect fire.
- LPG central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi (at additional cost from site reception), selection of books and games
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair available
- Parking at side of lodge for 2 small cars or 1 large car
- Additional cars to be parked in main car park, near reception
- Lawned area, balcony with garden furniture
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 2 min walk
- Note: Max
- 6 including infants
- Note: The property is accessed via 3 steps to the front door
- Note: Additional charges for use of leisure facilities - Prices: Individual adult £5 per day and individual child £3 per day
- Family pass (up to 2 adults and 3 children) £10 per day, £30 per 3 days and £60 per week
- Under 4s free of charge
- Note: No stag/hen or similar.
About the location
SOUTH LAKELAND LEISURE VILLAGE
Carnforth 2 miles; Kendal 15 miles; Windermere 20 miles.
Set on a 43 acre site, the South Lakeland Leisure Village is situated just a couple of miles from Carnforth on the border of the Southern Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales. This beautiful area combines superb countryside and a coast with a rich and fascinating history dating back to the Domesday Book. The ‘village’, which has been given 5 stars by Visit Britain and has been accredited with David Bellamy Gold conservation awards provide top quality accommodation in the form of Scandinavian log cabins built around a large lake in the centre. The main club, a former 17th century farmhouse, is home to the on-site bar and restaurant, The Water’s Edge, and the village provides top quality leisure facilities with an indoor swimming pool, gym, steam room and beauty therapy suite to name but a few. An excellent location, within easy driving distance of pretty villages, coastal resorts and the national parks of the Lakes and the Dales.
Note: Max. 6 including infants.
Note: Up until 6th January 2017, this property has a Saturday changeover day. From 6th January 2017, the property has a Friday changeover day.
This property offers the following short breaks: