- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Long Preston 2 miles.
An outstanding stone-built, detached barn conversion located on a working livestock farm in beautiful rolling countryside, equidistant between the two pretty villages of Long Preston and Wigglesworth.
Set within private, spacious grounds, this Long Preston cottage offers stylish accommodation amongst beautiful scenery, ideal for a large family or group of friends to enjoy country living at its very best.
Furnished to a very high standard, this cottage near Wigglesworth exudes style and character, effortlessly combining contemporary elegance with traditional character with the underfloor heating, glorious woodburner and original oak beams.
There are five bedrooms, including a spacious family room ideal for younger guests, and a master bedroom with a stylish en-suite, plus a stunning sitting room, a farmhouse kitchen and a games room.
Outside this Dales cottage near Wigglesworth is a large country garden with furniture and children's play areas, overlooking the beautiful surrounding meadowland, and providing a wonderful spot to gather together on a warm day.
For those seeking a country retreat amidst beautiful surroundings, this Wigglesworth cottage fits the bill, with the famous Three Peaks of Ingleborough, Whernside and Pen-y-ghent just a short drive away, whilst the largely undiscovered Forest of Bowland stretches away to the south, offering a wide range of unspoilt landscapes to explore.
There are many pleasant walks from the doorstep of this Long Preston cottage, while the Settle-Carlisle Railway is just two miles away, along with the village's award-winning local pubs serving fine ales and good food.
With the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District within easy reach, this large holiday cottage in the Dales provides a superb destination at any time of the year.
Five bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with TV and en-suite shower, basin and WC, 2 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x family room with 3 singles (2 beds zip/link, can be super king-size double on request). Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floor shower and basin. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area (seats 6). Utility. Sitting room with dining area (seats 10) and woodburner. Games room with TV, pool table and table football.
Oil central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor and woodburner. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TVs with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books. Oil and electricity inc. in rent, fuel for stove on honesty box basis. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 6 cars. Lockable bike storage. Enclosed garden with patio, furniture, play house, sandpit and climbing frame. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shops and pubs 2 miles. Note: Sloping ceiling in twin bedroom. Note: Check-in 4pm. Note: This property accepts max. 11 guests (inc. infants).
Note: This property accepts max. 11 guests (inc. infants).
- Last minute
- “Fabulous House!”
- “We have just returned from a week's stay at Gardale House. The house is remote and it was just what we were looking for. We visited Malham, Settle and Hawes during our stay and we would recommend them all. We were a large family group of three generations and the house catered for us all. It was very well equipped-it had a games room with lots of toys for the kids,a kitchen with all the necessary cooking appliances and a large, sociable lounge. The garden was fairly large and it overlooked beautiful countryside. We would definitely return to the house and would recommend it to anyone!”
- “Wow, amazing place to stay”
- “We stayed at the start of July 2015 and there was a group of 10 with a mix of all ages from 1 up to late 60's. House is just superb, very clean and owner has thought of everything. Country location was superb too but so near to so much to do as well. House is so big so even with ten of us we were not tripping over each other. Games room is superb too. Every single one of us had a great time and all said we would come back. A great holiday(pity the weather not brilliant but cannot be helped)”
- “Awesome property. Would highly recommend”
- “The house is beautiful, perfectly clean, and very well equipped. The owners live close by and are very friendly. The garden is big, with lovely views over the sheep-filled fields! This was perfect for our large group. It is also very well equipped for taking children. There are 2 highchairs, lots of toys, and the most brilliant playhouse in the garden! The sandpit was a big hit too. We wouldn't hesitate to go back again. A truly stunning property”
- “Ann incredible experience.....!!!!!!”
- “A large group of us (10 adults & 1 child) rented gardale house for a week in early June as we had a wedding nearby. We were all genuinely blown away by the accommodation, friendliness of the owner and her willingness to make it a great week. The garden is extensive with lots of entertainment for young kinds, the downstairs living area is massive and it is an ideal destination for groups who want to go walking in the dales or even have a BBQ with a few beers/glasses of wine. 2 very large bedrooms, 2 decent bedrooms and a smaller room that still easily fits 2. The only surprise about this trip was the price,.... We have rented cottages in the past and paid a lot more for poorer accommodation. 10/10 in terms of value for money and we would definitely recommend others should stay there. It is approx 2 miles from village and not a track you would want to walk along at night so my only comment would be it would not be an ideal place for people who want to be near active nightlife. However lots of fridge space for food & drink......”
- “Lovely spacious comfortable house with everything you need”
- “11 of us adults of varying ages and interests and a toddler spent a week here. Despite the soggy October weather we had a lovely time and everyone said this house would be hard to beat. Plenty to see and do in this area and we found the house warm and welcoming on our return each day. The games room was invaluable and got the competitiveness going; Had lovely meals cooked in the large kitchen. Plenty of fridge space. Lots of space for us too, so we didn't feel crowded. Liked the log fire - easy to light and manage. Mrs Dinsdale has a beautiful home! There were no other other houses in sight - just lovely views.”
- “Faultless! Would recommend to all!!”
- “It was a special birthday this year... and I headed to Gardale house with friends for the weekend with my family replacing them for the remainder of the week. The house worked equally as well for friends gathering and for my young kids, niece and nephew. We arrived to find a lovely note and some chocolate brownies. The house was clean and modern with every essential you can think of. There are multiple bathroom options and areas to escape if with a large group. So nice to have a large house that has enough seats at both a dinner table indoors and out and in the living area too. The gardens are fabulous with a great seating area for our BBQ!! 2 fridges very handy for the storage of lots of champagne!! When friends left and family arrived the house seemed to change and to further lend itself to kids running round. The garden and little play house a huge hit along with the local horses that we were able to feed carrots. The games room is great especially to keep kids occupied in poor weather. The cupboard is full of toys and games that my 2 year old thought was heaven. On every level we had a fantastic stay. All my friends who also have young kids said they too would be more than happy to stay here. Beautifully peaceful, apart from a couple of noisy sheep but they added to the atmosphere I thought... The owner was helpful and obviously took a real pride in the house. All in all a fantastic holiday was had by all and I will absolutely be returning...”
- “Absolutely fantastic house, beautiful grounds ideal for large groups”
- “This house is simply stunning, the owner has obviously carefully considered the needs of her guests and ensured that everything is at hand, from kitchen utensils, toys for children and the most fantastic sand pit in the walled garden which has supplied hours of fun for our boys aged five and seven. Information on what to do locally is supplied in leaflet from and also a telephone number given by the owner for any other enquiries. This has been an outstanding holiday full of fun and activity, with the house and it's location supplying a very relating atmosphere relax in the evenings. Would return here with my family in a second and would highly recommend it to others.”
- “Gardale house is a very well presented holiday home that has everything you need to make a wonderful stay. We have stayed at Gardale twice this year and have thoroughly enjoyed it on both occasions. The provision of essentials is excellent, and there are very many nice little touches that make it a home from home. There are many children and family games available and the games room is a brilliant way to spend family time playing pool and table football.”
- “Spacious & extremely comfortable property. Something for everyone young & older. Very well equipped with lots to do inside and out. Garden fabulous. Furnishings and beds & bedding sumptuous. You would be mad not to love this place. We have already booked for next year.”
- “An really excellent house in a very peaceful and stunning location. We were celebrating a big birthday and we all (aged three to 85) really loved the house, the garden and the area. We had the most marvellous week and the house is very spacious, yet cosy.”
- “Gardale House was in a superb situation, the views from the garden over the fields was beautiful - truly a rural idyll. The house itself was stylishly furnished with tasteful accessories throughout. It was better than described on the web site!”
- “Gardale House was amazing! Everything has been thought of with this property to ensure it meets the requirements of all ages. We spent a week here as a 30th birthday holiday for myself and the full family enjoyed every second and were sad to leave!”
- “A wonderful property in a stunning location.The owner was very friendly and accommodating.”
- “The location was outstanding and the overall standard of everything in the house including the style/décor was excellent. A well laid out house and garden.”
- “This is the best holiday house I have stayed in. There was so much space and so much to do for all age ranges. Facilities in house and garden were just superb and we would recommend 100%.”
- “What a fantastic cottage! Wow. Great owners who are more than helpful and a perfect cottage to match. Amazing! I cant wait to stay at Gardale House again.”
- “Beautiful setting and excellent accommodation with a very pleasant greet from the owner. We had a fabulous family holiday for 10 of us, with plenty of space for everyone.”
- “First class property, will be back!”
- “Gardale House is in a good location for exploring out and about but also large enough for times when you want to stay indoors and relax due to bad weather, without being on top of each other!”
About the location
Settle 4 miles; Malham 4 miles; Skipton 12 miles.
Long Preston is an attractive Yorkshire Dales village in Malhamdale, twelve miles from Skipton (popularly known as the 'Gateway to the Dales'), four miles from Settle. To the north, the landscape rises to the fells, moors and picturesque valleys of the Dales; to the south are the wetlands of the Ribble Valley which, in turn, sweep upward to the magnificent wilderness of Bowland. The village benefits from several large, tree lined, village greens, with footpaths leading direct to the surrounding hills, and it also boasts two excellent pubs with first rate cuisine. The railway station on the edge of the village provides access to the famous Settle-Carlisle Railway line which crosses some of the most beautiful and inspiring upland scenery in the country. Nearby Settle is a bustling market town with a weekly market, the centre being dominated by the Shambles, an historic 3-storey building with shops on two levels and houses above, and the Town Hall. There is a good selection of restaurants and pubs and a public swimming pool.