- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Haltwhistle 2 miles.
This pretty, detached Grade II listed former coach house is in the grounds of the owners&
8217; home, in the rural hamlet of Melkridge, close to the busy market town of Haltwhistle.
This cottage near Haltwhistle is a peaceful, rural retreat, ideal for couples wishing to explore this historical area and then snuggle up in this delightful bijou conversion.
The open plan kitchen, living and dining area has been cleverly planned to ensure you have everything you need, and the conservatory in this Haltwhistle cottage is just the spot for planning your day&
After a long hard day trudging Hadrian&
8217;s Wall, the roll-top bath in the en-suite is perfect for a long soak, easing away those aches and pains.
There is a private patio area to the rear, overlooking the owners&
8217; well-stocked gardens, and this is a lovely space to spend some time and enjoy alfresco dining.
This welcoming Haltwhistle cottage is in the heart of Hadrian's Wall country, which offers excellent walking and fishing, along with Vindolanda, a fascinating Roman fort lying to the south of Hadrian&
Your Haltwhistle cottage has many walks and cycle routes on the doorstep, many leading to Hadrian&
8217;s Wall just a few miles away.
With the pubs and shops of Haltwhistle just two miles away, Hexham, Newcastle and Kielder Water within easy reach, as well the castles and beaches of the Heritage Coast, or the gardens and castle at Alnwick a little further afield, this Haltwhistle cottage makes a truly great base for a year-round holiday.
Note: This cottage is next to ref 20648 and together they accommodate 6 people.
One double bedroom with en-suite bath, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen and sitting area. Conservatory with dining area and electric fire.
- Oil central heating with electric fire in conservatory
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed rear patio with furniture
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: The cottage is near the A69 and some occasional road noise may be heard.
- Last minute
- “A beautiful cottage which was deceptively spacious for a one bedroom. Had a very large conservatory with sofa and dining table. The cottage was extremely well stocked with crockery, cutlery, games, DVD's, books and maps of the area. The owners were perfect hosts who were on site if needed but not intrusive at all and very friendly.”
- “Lovely area,beautiful scenery and extremely accommodating hosts.”
- “We holiday every year about this time as part of our wedding anniversary celebration, up till now the accommodation was never quite right, this time we found the one we have been looking for, perfect in every way. We will definitely be back.”
- “The welcome we received from the owners was out of this world. Although small on the outside it was laid out perfectly. A very cosy and relaxing place to stay.”
About the location
Hexham 17 miles.
Known as the 'Centre of Britain', this small market town is a great place from which to explore both Northumberland and Cumbria. Haltwhistle boasts a good range of shops and pubs - one of which, The Black Bull, is a real ale pub serving good food! There is an excellent leisure centre with heated open air swimming pool and cycle hire in the town, with pony trekking nearby. One of the best preserved stretches of Hadrian's Wall is only a mile to the north with various museums, forts and milecastles to be seen. There is even an ongoing 'dig' at the nearby site of Vindolanda. This truly is magnificent walking, riding and cycling country, with the Pennine Way and various bridleways and cycle routes passing rivers, forests, castles and of course, Hadrian's Wall. Visitors will enjoy this location in all weather and all seasons – a regular train and bus service from the town to Newcastle, The Metro Centre and Carlisle, means that you can leave the car behind and enjoy!