- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Lavender Cottage is a charming double-fronted, semi-detached stone cottage sitting behind its own enclosed front garden in the South Lincolnshire village of Billingborough. Walk through banks of lavender to the front door and enter into its old world charm. The large and well-equipped farmhouse kitchen and the quaint sitting room both have exposed beams, and the sitting room also boasts a window seat where you can watch the world go by. Completing the accommodation at this Lincolnshire cottage are two large, attractive bedrooms and a bathroom. Billingborough village Post Office is next door to the cottage and has a delicatessen counter selling delicious local produce. A short stroll away is a gastropub, small supermarket, fish and chip shop and village butcher meaning you'll never go hungry! Attractions in the area include Belton House, Grimsthorpe Castle, Tattershall Castle and Burghley House, home to the famous horse trials, plus this Billingborough cottage is situated halfway between the market towns of Bourne and Sleaford while larger towns such as Stamford, Newark and Lincoln, all famed for their historic architecture are a pleasant drive away through the Lincolnshire countryside. With both the Lincolnshire and North Norfolk coast within driving distance a day at the seaside is also an option. Whether sightseeing or simply relaxing in the ambience of Lavender Cottage and Billingborough village, a stay in this character property has a lot to offer.
Two bedrooms: 1 x half tester double, 1 x family room with 1 half tester double and 1 single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining table. Sitting room.
LPG central heating. Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV, DVD player, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair. Private off road parking for 2 cars. Bike storage. Enclosed front lawned garden with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shops and pubs 1 min walk. Note: 4pm check in.
- Last minute
- “Peaceful vacation”
- “excellent base for exploring the area, good country walks and fine houses. village now has a new butchers shop.”
- “Perfect place”
- “We wanted to explore Lincolnshire further, and Billingborough seemed a central location. The cottage was a delight, the owner met us and explained the heating system and personalised lighting system in the sitting room. Lovely pub over the road, post office next door, and a Chinese takeaway a short stroll .We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would return”
- “This is a lovely cottage with everything included in the property to make your stay more a home from home.”
- “As soon as I walked in it was like putting on an old pair of loved slippers. There was excellent parking, excellent Co-op convenience store on your door step and interesting village/villages with excellent pubs/restaurants. Good main road connections to all areas.”
- “A beautiful cottage with garden, in a village location, with a nice pub and handy fish and chip shop nearby! It was very comfortable inside the cottage, we found it very relaxing and would have loved to have been able to stay longer. We loved the garden and the lavender hedges and spent our evenings just sitting watching the world go by.”
- “We have just spent a wonderful week at Lavender Cottage, what a perfect place for a break. A real country cottage with all one could need for a relaxing time. There were plenty of crockery and utensils, along with a dishwasher, washing machine and a separate dryer. To one side is a Co-op and the other side is a Post Office so if you don't want to, you have no need to go anywhere. If you want a relaxing time then this is the place to go! The owner has spent a great deal of thought, time and effort on this place and it shows. Well done, we will recommend it to our friends and family.”
- “The location was superb with a good gastropub a very short walk away. The cottage was a delight, we all wanted to live there.”
About the location
Bourne 10 miles; Sleaford 11 miles; Grantham 16 miles; Boston 17 miles; Lincoln 30 miles.
Billingborough is a traditional fen edge village lying in the heart of rural Lincolnshire. Traditional cottages line the High Street and lanes wind down to a pond and historic church, plus amenities in the village include shops, pubs, Post Office, doctors’ surgery and hairdressers. Historic market towns and the city of Lincoln are easily accessible, as are National Trust properties and other visitor attractions, plus quiet roads and lack of traffic in the area make driving through the scenic Lincolnshire countryside a truly pleasurable experience. There are also delightful walks around the village itself and a few minutes’ stroll will take you into the fens with their unique charm - perfect for walking and cycling, and they are also popular with birdwatchers, photographers and artists. Visitor centres, historic sites and ancient woodland are also found locally making Billingborough an ideal base.