- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Broadband / WiFi
Grantham 5 miles. A unique, oak-clad studio apartment on the first floor of a superb barn conversion amongst open countryside, adjacent to the owners’ home and next to a working arable farm, near the small hamlet of Croxton Kerrial, five miles from Grantham. With a traditional pantile roof, this Grade II listed cottage apartment is the perfect, rural romantic retreat in the beautiful Vale of Belvoir, with plenty of walking opportunities and history to be found within easy reach. Cyclists are spoilt here, with undulating areas around Belvoir Castle and more level areas to the south down to Rutland Water. Off-road mountain biking is also well catered for, as the cottage is literally right on the Viking Way. Tastefully renovated to a high standard, this apartment near Grantham has fine, open panoramic views across the surrounding farmland, providing a peaceful and tranquil setting for a hideaway holiday. The spacious open plan living area boasts a super king-size, sumptuous bed and a comfortable sitting area with a modern, thoughtfully-designed kitchen and dining area. A contemporary, luxurious shower room leads from the living room, whilst outside is a small, private sunny rear patio to relax and unwind in following a day’s exploration. From this Grantham apartment, there are numerous walking and cycling paths and a few minutes’ drive brings you into the market town, where there is a wide choice of independent shops, restaurants, tea rooms and pubs. The nearby National Trust property of Belton House is well worth a visit, plus be sure to take a trip to the grand Belvoir Castle and its delightful gardens. Golf enthusiasts will appreciate the nearby golf courses where they can practice their swing and enjoy an afternoon of golf. Twelve miles away lies the historic, attractive town of Stamford with its golden sandstone buildings and the stately home of Burghley House. With exceptional bird and nature watching available at Rutland Water, this Grantham holiday apartment is centrally placed for a varied and memorable holiday.
All first floor. Open plan studio accommodation with super king-size double bed, kitchen, dining area and sitting area. Shower room with shower, basin and WC.
- Electric heaters with underfloor heating in shower room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Small private patio with furniture, BBQ and fire pit (logs provided)
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 2 miles
- Note: Access is via 0.25 mile farm track and external stairs
- Note: This property is set on the first floor and may not be suitable for those with limited mobility
- Note: Babes-in-arms only
Note: Babes-in-arms only.
- Last minute
- “Excellent apartment in good location”
- “Just right for a quiet getaway for two,but within easy reach of plenty of attractions. Leicester,Bosworth Field ,Belvoir Castle and Burghley House.”
- “Home from Home”
- “What can we say about Granary Loft " why on earth haven't you stayed here ", the property is lovely and well located. Warm and inviting as are Helen & Peter the owners who made us feel so welcome as well as our dog. There's plenty of room and space even though this is a studio loft with bathroom. It's quiet at night and extremely warm with all modern equipment, like iPod docs Sky TV etc We will be returning”
- “Lovely accommodation. Peaceful, spacious and a great getaway. This studio apartment met all our needs.”
- “Lovely quiet area - non-touristy with lots of gentle activities. Pleasant, relaxing things to see and do.”
- “Secluded from main road but in an excellent position for touring the area. Friendly and welcoming owners ensuring a most enjoyable break.”
- “Comfortable accommodation which was very dog friendly. Had a lovely garden to sit in during the summer with a paddock attached to walk the dogs. We would definitely return for a future stay.”
- “What can we say about Granary Loft "why on earth haven't you stayed here" the property is lovely and well located. Warm and inviting as are the owners who made us feel so welcome as well as our dog. There's plenty of room and space even though this is a studio loft with bathroom. It's quiet at night and extremely warm with all modern equipment, like iPod docs Sky TV etc. We will be returning!”
- “An absolutely fantastic loft in a lovely quiet location. The bed is literally the most comfortable thing we have slept on.”
- “The overall getaway was wonderful . Everything in the property was to the highest of spec .”
- “Absolutely brilliant - the owners were more than accommodating and it was a lovely little place. Can't fault it, highly recommend this place. It was all perfect.”
- “Just returned from Granary Loft and cannot recommend this place more highly. The location, the apartment, the owners; everything was perfect. We were both very disappointed to be leaving, and will most definitely be returning. Thank you to the owners for making our break so comfortable and for your hospitality and friendliness.”
- “The accommodation was very comfortable and provided everything we needed for a short stay. The owner was very friendly and made us and our dog Alfie feel very welcome.”
- “Hosts were very welcoming and relaxed, the enclosed garden with excellent facilities was very good for relaxing with dog and in a superb location with lots of walks nearby, we would thoroughly recommend this property.”
- “I was made so welcome and given help with my dogs and told all about where all the extra outdoor garden equipment was. I would strongly advice anyone to stay. The accommodation was to a high standard.”
About the location
Grantham 5.4 miles; Melton Mowbray 11 miles.
The sizeable market town of Grantham lies in the heart of Lincolnshire, between historic Lincoln and Stamford. The town is best known as the birthplace of former Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher, and has a fine Gothic guildhall and pretty riverside walks with adjacent water meadows and associated wildlife. There is a wide array of restaurants, tea rooms and pubs with plenty of scope for a shopping trip, along with many manor houses and walled gardens nearby to visit. Grantham is surrounded by rolling countryside and pretty woodland, with nearby Ponton Park Wood offering walks and lovely views across its forest and farmland. Lincoln, Melton Mowbray and beautiful Stamford are all within easy reach and offer a great opportunity to spend a day discovering plenty of interesting attractions.