- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Skegness 4.5 miles. Situated on the outer fringes of the village of Croft, this delightful former station master's house is attached to the waiting room and set next to the railway line, within open rural Lincolnshire countryside.
The surrounding lanes are perfect for enjoying leisurely walks, where you can take in the wide skies and far-reaching views, whilst this Croft cottage offers a spacious, welcoming and homely base that retains many original features along with traditional-style furnishings.
Outside this Croft cottage you can enjoy the large attractive garden, along with the wonderful summerhouse, where, on sunny days, you can relax with afternoon tea and a good book.
The area surrounding this Croft cottage offers many attractions including the popular seaside town of Skegness, which is 4.5 miles away and the family resort of Ingoldmells, approximately 8 miles away.
With the local train station on your doorstep, you can leave the car behind and hop on the train, enjoying the rural views as you travel to explore nearby or further afield, with trains stopping at Skegness, Boston, Lincoln, Grantham and Nottingham.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with breakfast area and woodburner. Sitting room with dining area and woodburner.
- Electric storage heaters with woodburners in kitchen and sitting room
- Electric oven, LPG hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburners inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed side lawned garden with patio, summerhouse and furniture
- Shared woodland area with two ponds
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: Children aged 12 and over only
- Note: There are two ponds in the shared woodland area
- Note: Trains pass alongside the cottage every half an hour from 6.55am to 9.15pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 8.45pm on Sunday
- Four trains a day stop at the station.
- Last minute
About the location
Boston 22 miles.
The popular Lincolnshire seaside town of Skegness offers a Blue Flag beach with a clean, golden sandy shoreline, and an attractive promenade where the young and the not-so-young can relax or play. Skegness offers an array of outdoor and indoor attractions; visit Natureland seal sanctuary and animal centre, Captain Kids Adventure World, Jolly Roger golfing, Laserquest, indoor bowling, arcade games, a traditional funfair, Skegness pier and both indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Skegness also enjoys a wide variety of shops and café’s along with a vibrant nightlife, whether it be a show at the Embassy theatre, eating out in one of its many restaurants or dancing the night away clubbing. Just a little further along the coastline is the resort of Ingoldmells, home to Fantasy Island adventure park, and the largest outdoor market in Europe along with yet more lovely sandy beach for you to enjoy. Skegness offers something for every family member to enjoy on a seaside holiday!