- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Lincoln 2 miles.
This beautiful property forms a major part of the owner's own restored farmhouse, situated in a rural location at the end of a one mile unmade track, only two miles from the historic city of Lincoln.
This wonderful cottage in Lincoln provides a tranquil base for those wishing for peace and quiet, but also want to be within easy access of city attractions.
Offering highly appointed accommodation with contemporary styling, this Lincoln cottage boasts spacious and luxurious rooms with modern technology, including a Smart TV with surround sound system.
The comfortable sitting room at this Lincolnshire cottage boasts a warming woodburning stove and French doors, whilst upstairs are two stylish bedrooms, one with French doors leading to a balcony affording open views of the countryside and cathedral, a wonderful place to sit and relax.
The well-equipped kitchen is complete with an electric range cooker, Belfast sink and dining area, as well as French doors to the rear patio garden, which leads to the shared hot tub.
The hot tub is housed in a purpose built, brick building with a York stone floor, night time star lighting and wrought iron decorative windows, with privacy being of utmost importance.
This is a wonderful place to relax at the end of a busy day exploring this fantastic area.
From your Lincoln cottage are excellent walking opportunities with a nearby canal and glimpses of Lincoln’s elegant, historic cathedral, which can be accessed via a four mile drive or via a two mile lovely walk along public footpaths and a one mile waterway, leading to the town centre.
The city of Lincoln offers excellent amenities including individual shops and restaurants and be sure to visit its majestic cathedral and castle standing high on the hill.
A well-located cottage near Lincoln town centre, ideal for a couple or family.
Note: This property can be booked with Refs.
8139 and 20183, together they sleep 12.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with corner bath, separate shower, basins and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility with basin and WC. Sitting room with folding single bed and woodburning stove. Use of external hot tub room.
- Gas central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric range cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer with drinks dispenser, washer/dryer, dishwasher, Smart TV with Sky, 3D DVD, surround sound, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Ample off road parking
- Bike storage
- Rear garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Use of heated hot tub (open 24/7) shared with Ref
- 8139 and Ref
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: Property is situated at the end of a one mile unmade track
- Note: Due to the nearby waterways, ensure children are supervised
- Note: Although the hot tub is shared, it is not communal and private times can be arranged with the owner on request.
- Last minute
- “Beautfiul Roe Deer House”
- “We arrived on Friday the 2nd October,the cottage is down a dirt track lane which is about a mile long. The lane is surrounded by fields and as we approached we saw standing on the edge of the track a beautiful Roe deer (what a lovely welcome) this was just one of many sightings during our weeks stay. We arrived at the cottage around 2.30 - it is situated with the owners cottage and two other rentals which are also five star rating. The cottage was well maintained and clean. The decor it lovely very welcoming and a good standard.We had a log fire every night which was lovely. Just a short stroll away is the wonderful hot tub within a lovely small building purposely built for the hot tub. With lovely lights inside and very private . The owner Debbie is really friendly and very helpful. Gave us a lovely welcome. We would recommend this property as a lovely place for a weeks retreat. Although we were a mile from the main road it felt like it was out in the countryside and you literally could do lots of walks right from the cottage.We visited lots of places in lincoln during our weeks stay.”
- “We had a great time at roe deer house. Came up for 5 days for daughters graduation and were more than happy. Everything u could need and more is there. Only downside is the dirt track but a dirty car is a small price to pay. Will definitely be back...thanks Debbie.”
- “We had the pleasure of staying in the "house" for a week in July 2015. We could not fault anything. The accomodation is exceptional. The location is ideal particularly for walkers and dog owners. Lincoln and its attractions are close, within walking distance. Debbie (the owner) was very helpful without being intrusive, she even offered to look after Rosie our dog while we visited the castle and cathedral. Our week was all we wished for, thanks Debbie.”
- “A FANTASTIC PLACE TO UNWIND”
- “My parents & I stayed here for a week earlier this month (March 2015) & loved every minute of it. There was nothing to fault! Debbie was lovely, very informative about what to find where in the neighbourhood.The cleanliness was a very high standard, it was fully equipped with everything you need. Very well thought out decor throughout with a fantastic spacious bathroom. The hot tub was the magnet that attracted us in the first place, & we enjoyed it daily. The woodburner was also a nice change from a gas fire. The house is very secluded down a dirt track of about a mile, which makes it such a nice place tucked away from the hustle & bustle of life. Although shops & Lincoln is only 15mins drive away. Hartsholme Nature Reserve is a 10min drive & really beautiful. This holiday home is highly recommended, you won't be disappointed!”
- “Excellent break with fantastic facilities”
- “We have just enjoyed a weeks break at Roe Deer house and the standard of accommodation was outstanding!!! Debbie was very welcoming and could not do enough for you. The property offers complete isolation but is only a 10 minute drive from the centre of Lincoln, it was ideal. or a 15 Minute walk along the canal. The standard of the property was truly excellent, it was finished to the highest standard and had everything that you needed for that luxurious break. I would highly recommend this to family and friends. and will return again in the future to re charge my batteries. Fantastic, thanks again form Julie & Barry”
- “Wonderful holiday”
- “We have just returned from a great holiday the House and gardens are lovely. We go on a lot of cottage holidays a year and found Roe Deer House one of the most comfortable we have stayed in. Very good internet connection feeding a smart tv to die for. Owner Debbie very welcoming and attentive to your every need. You feel like you are in the heart of the country but are only a short distance from Lincoln and the view from the site of the Cathedral lit up at night is magical. We did not use the hot tub but it looks lovely. We hope to return one day for another wonderful holiday.”
- “Fabulous break away and the hot tub was amazing. Definitely recommend and we will be booking again!”
- “There are so many words to describe Roe Deer House they are - warm, inviting, amazing and spacious to name but a few! The owner is great she makes you feel very welcome and nothing is too much trouble. The house feels like you are in the middle of nowhere but you are really not far away from the shops and the city. I would highly recommend the house to friends and family and will endeavour to come back again.”
- “This is the best relaxing holiday retreat we've enjoyed in the UK in years. The hot tub and wood burner were highlights, a little luxury to help you unwind in scenic surroundings away from the rat race. Very thoughtful décor which was glamorous & tasteful. Had friendly staff, a high standard of cleanliness & nothing is too much trouble.”
- “It was quiet and relaxed, the best so far.”
- “The cottage was very comfortable and the hot tub a great attraction. The owner was helpful and knowledgeable about the area and what we could do and where we could eat. The cottage hit the right notes with a rural location very close to the centre of Lincoln. Altogether a fantastic place.”
- “The House was beautiful and a great time was had by all of us. Would recommend to anyone, it's lovely.”
- “A lovely house with a friendly welcoming host. We loved the hot tub. It was close enough to town to walk but felt like we were in the middle of nowhere.”
- “The house was very clean and tidy. The furnishings were perfect for the style of the house and the surroundings. The owner was the perfect host and was extremely polite and welcoming. The hot tub was amazing and so relaxing, it was the perfect touch for our weekend away!”
- “The position of the house was perfect. It felt like it was in the middle of nowhere and yet it was a delightful fifteen minute walk along the canal into Lincoln. We had also planned to be there for the Christmas market which was an added treat.”
- “This property was ideal. We had a fantastic week long break with all the benefits of isolation and yet just 10 minutes from the centre of Lincoln. The standard was of the highest class and it was furnished well beyond our expectations. I would and already have recommended this property to friends and family and I hope that we will return again next year ourselves. The owner made us so welcome and could not do enough for us, she was always available if needed but never intrusive. I cannot rate this property highly enough, I would only say to any clients looking for a break in this area, then try Roe Deer House, I do not think you will get better quality anywhere. Thanks for a great break.”
- “Facilities were excellent; the hot tub, table tennis and trampoline were ideal for us all. Walks surrounding the property were ideal. The owner is extremely friendly and welcoming.”
- “Owner was exceptionally welcoming and very helpful. The facilities were great and the hot tub was a big plus. There were lots of areas for dog walking nearby.”
About the location
Newark 17 miles.
The city of Lincoln offers numerous places to visit, making it an ideal holiday destination. Its impressive hill-top medieval cathedral not only boasts striking architecture but was also a film location for both The Da Vinci Code and coronation scenes in Young Victoria. Walk the walls of Lincoln Castle and climb the tower, taking in views over the city. In the summer months, enjoy the open-air theatre, pop and rock concerts and re-enactment weekends in the castle grounds. The castle also houses Lincoln’s Magna Carta. Lincoln has great shopping with quaint and quirky independent shops in the cathedral quarter, including the famous Christmas Market in early December. The area offers several aviation attractions from World War II museums to present day airfields. Nearby Scampton is home to the Red Arrows and the Dambusters Inn and Heritage Centre, while RAF Waddington offers an annual air show. Other local attractions include Doddington Hall, Whisby Nature Park, Hartsholme Country Park, Lincolnshire's transport museum and Woodside Wildlife and Falconry Park, making Lincoln an excellent destination for all the family.