- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Lincoln 2 miles.
An exceptional wing of the owner's renovated farmhouse, with a separate entrance, in a rural position and on the margins of the historic city of Lincoln.
Offering first-class accommodation, this Lincoln lodge provides a superb luxurious base for those wanting to explore this beautiful cathedral city yet also enjoy the contrast of a tranquil and peaceful retreat.
With an open plan living area, this Lincoln lodge offers the highest quality accommodation with sumptuous seating and modern technology throughout, including a Smart TV with surround sound system, a whiteboard note panel in the kitchen and WiFi connection.
Furnished in a contemporary style, this Lincoln lodge has a fine spiral staircase leading to a stylish bedroom with a charming iron balcony with seating overlooking beautiful panoramic views.
French doors lead out to a patio whilst to the rear is a fabulous hot tub, purpose built and with privacy as a top priority, set within a bespoke brick building with night time star lighting, a York stone floor and wrought iron decorative windows; an absolute delight to sit and relax in with a glass of bubbly at the end of the day!
Situated at the bottom of a mile-long unmade road, this Lincoln lodge offers ample walking opportunities with a canal nearby and a network of local footpaths.
The elegant city of Lincoln is a short drive away but there is a lovely two-mile walk from the property into the city centre which boasts excellent restaurants and pubs, with its majestic cathedral and castle standing high on the hill.
A unique Lincoln lodge with a touch of decadence.
Note: This lodge can be booked with Refs.
8139 and 903616, together they sleep 12.
Two bedrooms: 1 x Caesar 8' double with en-suite bath, separate shower, basin and WC, 1 x single with folding bed on request. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area. Use of external hot tub room.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, Smart TV with Sky Sports, Blu-ray, DVD, surround sound, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Ample off road parking through electric gates
- Front patio with furniture and BBQ
- Use of heated hot tub (heated and open 24/7) shared with Ref
- 8139 and Ref
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: This property is at the end of a one mile unmade road
- Note: Due to the spiral staircase and the nearby waterways, please ensure children are supervised at all times
- Note: Although the hot tub is shared, it is not communal and private times can be arranged with the owner on request.
- Last minute
- “Wonderfully relaxing.............”
- “We stayed here following our wedding so that we could have a peaceful get away from it all break. We weren't disappointed. The lodge was immaculate and comfortable, with special little touches such as a bottle of wine and biscuits on arrival. Debbie is so welcoming and a wealth of knowledge with regard to the best places to go and the easiest way to get there. During the week we were presented with a heart shaped Chinese lantern and had the hot tub set up for us complete with wine in an ice bucket! We certainly relaxed and look forward to returning. Just one tip, private taxis charge around £5 - £6 into town, depending where you are going which we found very reasonable,but avoid black cabs, we got one back to the lodge and were charged almost £15.”
- “Absolute perfection and peace”
- “We booked this as a last minute getaway. Myself , my husband and 2 dogs( although it says only 1 dog the owner agreed to 2) All we wanted was a little retreat to get away from it all for a few says with the dogs. This place was amazing, it was beautifully decorated, had a huge garden and was surrounded by miles of fields. It was only a mile away from normal life but you felt like it was hours away from life. The owner was extremely friendly and welcoming ,she was on hand at any time to give you local information and recomendations for local pubs, shops and restaurants. The hot tub was a huge selling point for us and it did not disappoint,what a great way to unwind after a long day out walking the dogs. I would highly recommend Roe Deer cottage to anyone who is after a bit of peace and quiet for a few days in a pet friendly calm holiday home. Well Done to Debbie and her family for providing such an excellent holiday experience.”
- “Lovely peaceful location good for walkers and wild life enthusiast.”
- “We had an excellent week's stay, lots to see and do. The cottage had excellent facilities, a peaceful location, surrounded by fields with easy access to walks and nature reserve. The hosts were very informative and the welcome pack was much appreciated.”
- “Great location, accomodation excellent and comprehensive. Book it.”
- “We had a great time. We are in the habit of renting holiday homes and we must say that this one exceeded our expectations. Debbie is to be congratulated on making us feel welcome.”
- “Perfect weekend”
- “Tranquil and peaceful and so close to Lincoln you can even see the cathedral lit up at night from the enormous comfortable bed. The lodge is very comfortable and the hot tub is lovely and relaxing and totally private. Debbie the owner is very friendly and does every thing she can to make your stay a pleasure. Thank you Debbie and we hope to return again.”
- “Quality time with family”
- “Stayed in a two bedroom self contained cottage with my wife daughter son in law and young Grandson. This idyllic if you wish for peaceful quality time with the family. The cottage was spotless with all modern fittings and the biggest double bed I have ever seen in the master bedroom. A fantastic Jacuzzi within the grounds ideal for relaxing in after exploring the wonderful city of Lincoln. The owner was exceptionally friendly and helpful she was the perfect host. Thanks for a lovely weekend, Bob”
- “Wonderful and peaceful”
- “This was our second stay at The Roe Deer cottages and our first stay at the Roe deer lodge. We loved it and were very well taken care of. The lodge was even decorated for Christmas! Ample parking space was available and its location is only a few minutes away from the centre. Excellent service, beautiful view, once again very satisfied with our stay. Would highly recommend.”
- “Idyllic and peaceful setting”
- “My recent stay at Roe Deer Lodge was simply divine. There are three holiday properties in a complex known as Roe Deer Retreat and it was just that, a TREAT. You approach the lodge via a long lane with fields either side, in the distance is a breathtaking view of Lincoln cathedral, lit up in all its architectural glory. The accommodation is luxurious, the owner has even thought of blankets and hot water bottles as well as the basics in the kitchen for that much needed cup of tea on arrival. For longer stays, there is a washing machine, dishwasher and lots of information offering details of places to visit. Plenty of parking at the lodge. Local shops, restaurants and supermarkets are a short distance away. The city of Lincoln has a cinema complex, theatre and live music venue. Roe Deer Lodge is a great place to chill out for a few a days. Highly recommended.”
- “Couldn't have dreamed of a better place to honeymoon!”
- “My husband is from England and I'm from the US, both of us residing in our home country until he can immigrate to the US. We got married in July in his hometown. We decided to honeymoon close by since we had so much overhead cost with a "destination wedding" and immigration and moving etc. I came across Roe Deer Lodge and it looked to be exactly what we were looking for, and it was! :) It is so quiet and private yet still very close to everything Lincoln has to offer. The lodge is beautiful with all the modern technology you could need. There's a beautiful view of the Lincoln Cathedral in the distance while sitting at the table on your private balcony. The bed in the master bedroom is massive! *another great perk for a honeymoon* We went for a nice walk down a local path, you can walk all the way into town if you'd like. Oh and there's the hot tub. So wonderful! Its available 24/7, is very private, and is the perfect way to end your days on holiday. Debbie was such a wonderful hostess! There were cookies and wine on the counter to welcome us. She greeted us our first morning there and gave us the run down of the property and some things to do nearby. Staying here was the perfect way to start our marriage together and we will surely come back in the years to come! Thanks for everything Debbie!”
- “Perfect Getaway”
- “The Lodge looks exactly as it does in the pictures, stylish, clean and 5* rating. It is very comfortable and has everything you need to just relax and unwind. The hot tub is a nice touch and was ideal after a day of walking to and from the city. If you like walking, you really don't need to get back in the car to get out and about. Debbie was the perfect host making sure we had everything we needed and giving us handy tips for getting about. Despite being only a two mile walk from Lincoln city centre, you really do feel like you are away from it all. The cathedral was amazing and the city has loads of lovely little shops. We would highly recommend a visit to the lodge and look forward to future breaks there.”
- “Only just returned from this wonderful retreat, just 4 miles from Lincoln City Centre (2 Mile Walk) but you feel you are miles away - so peaceful! Debbie was the perfect host like Roe Deer Lodge - Five Star! Beautiful decor, high tech tv with sorround sound, net flix, sky full package, wi-fi, fantastic hot tub, bed - well Debs where did you get this! Basically a Double-Double bed! Cannot fault in any way! Wine, cookies and sweeties to welcome you, a week flew by. Will definately be back!”
- “So Peaceful”
- “Roe Deer Lodge is a lovely place to stay. well laid out, stylish and very comfy.It is at the end of a mile long unmade road so well out of the way if what you want is peace and quiet. Lots of quiet places to walk but still close enough to shops,pubs etc,and within easy reach of Lincoln either by car or foot. Debbie is a wonderful hostess, she made me feel very welcome and I felt like I had known her for years. I really would recommend this property.”
- “What a lovely Lodge to stay in. The owners are also great people and very friendly. Can't wait to go and visit again.”
- “The owner was very friendly and helpful. The cottage was amazing, being very well decorated, comfortable and well stocked. The surrounding area was beautiful.”
- “Everything was perfect; the Lodge, the hot tub and the owner who is lovely and on hand to help.”
- “This is a lovely cottage in a secluded location. It is beautifully presented and well equipped. It was clean and warm when we arrived and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.”
- “The property was nice and clean and we had a nice welcome from the host. We settled in well and didn't want to leave as it was modern, well furnished and had everything you need for a short holiday. Great location as just on outskirts of Lincoln. We will definitely be back as felt relaxed after our stay.”
- “It was very relaxing, just what we needed, our kids loved it, we loved it! We will definitely book there again. The lodge was amazing, had everything you needed plus more, hot tub, trampoline for the kids, ping pong table, skateboards, go karts, and everything we needed as adults, books, Sky TV, kitchen for cooking, washing, plenty storage, excellent bed space. Just perfect, very quiet area with beautiful views.”
- “Roe Deer Lodge was comfortable and had all we required. The proximity to Lincoln both on foot and by car enabled us to enjoy the countryside as well as the town. The hot tub was an additional bonus.The owner was an excellent hostess and made sure we had all we needed.”
- “The location was excellent and peaceful with easy access to other locations. Warm and friendly welcome.”
- “Our host was a fantastic person that made the holiday, we also had wonderful scenes of the cathedral.”
- “Roe Deer Lodge is a lovely cottage in a peaceful setting, lots of good walks and cycling opportunities from the doorstep of the cottage. The Cathederal Quarter is very quaint, lots of bars and places to eat down by the marina. We were treated to daily displays by the Red Arrows who are based at nearby RAF Scampton. I would recommend this cottage to family and friends.”
- “Thank you for a wonderful stay. A lovely romantic retreat to escape to, the week passed by too quickly! The lodge was absolutely 5 star, amazing hot tub and couldn't believe the size of the bed! Décor is superb and every attention to detail in all aspects. Absolutely nothing we would change.”
- “The property was fantastic, lovely comfortable bed and sofas, lovely homely modern décor and fully equipped with everything you would need. Hot tub is awesome, so relaxing! In a beautiful quiet location but close to city. The owner was a fantastic host, a truly lovely lady. Thank you.”
About the location
Newark 17 miles.
The city of Lincoln offers numerous places to visit, making it an ideal holiday destination. Its impressive hill-top medieval cathedral not only boasts striking architecture but was also a film location for both The Da Vinci Code and coronation scenes in Young Victoria. Walk the walls of Lincoln Castle and climb the tower, taking in views over the city. In the summer months, enjoy the open-air theatre, pop and rock concerts and re-enactment weekends in the castle grounds. The castle also houses Lincoln’s Magna Carta. Lincoln has great shopping with quaint and quirky independent shops in the cathedral quarter, including the famous Christmas Market in early December. The area offers several aviation attractions from World War II museums to present day airfields. Nearby Scampton is home to the Red Arrows and the Dambusters Inn and Heritage Centre, while RAF Waddington offers an annual air show. Other local attractions include Doddington Hall, Whisby Nature Park, Hartsholme Country Park, Lincolnshire's transport museum and Woodside Wildlife and Falconry Park, making Lincoln an excellent destination for all the family.